1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

A9S, SCT BA2800 meter, and no chip. Runs great. WTF?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Brn N Rubr, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Brn N Rubr

Alright, I started the tuning process about 7 months ago before I left for boot camp. I had a 90mm LMAf and my tuner thought that it would be too small. So, I bought the biggest SCT meter I could. I was told that it wouldn't run without a chip because the MAF curve was so different (I had the same train of thought with the LMAF but had TwEECer at the time to compensate). Well, now 7 months later, I am living in a different city and talking about getting the tune finished (ran into problems and wasn't able to make any WOT pulls). My problem right now is that I can't go WOT (let alone part throttle hardly) because as soon as it comes into boost, it basically stops revving. It doesn't like boost. I am pretty sure that it is all in the tune. No big deal. Just save a little cash and get the final tune done. In talking with another tuner, he suggested that I pull the SCT chip out and try to drive it. I fugre it can't hurt anyting and give it a try. It drives so much smoother now. Also, I can go WOT with no problems. I didn't think this was possible without some sort of a tuning device to correct for the meter. Any suggestions or any comments on what's going on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh, the car is a '67 Mustang with a stock block roller 302, f-cam, ported/big valves E7s, Edelbrock upper/lower, A9S, complete Aeromotive fuel system, etc.

Bryan

2. 87Saleen209

Awesome.. what injectors are you running? I need to move up to 65lb injectors and need a new maf to do that since I'm trying to get away with a stock A9L on my turbo'd 347. I hope I can get a MAF like yours cal'd for 65 high impecence injectors and still not require a tune.

3. streetone01

the sct big air meters are not calibrated for big injectors first of all, so keep in mind your a/f is probably way off even if you think its running good id be careful, i dont know what you have for injectors but the sct meter is designed to run with a tune from an sct dealer and they are all non calibrated i recomend getting a wideband or just getting it tuned
    Doug