1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

A9P vs A9L computers

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ConradS, Feb 2, 2004.

1. ConradS

I know one is auto for 89-93 vs 5 speed. Are there any other differences like timing etc?? Can you run an A9P in a 5 speed car with a turbo?

2. stanggod

A9P vs A9L

you can run the a9p with a 5 speed. Just not the a9l with the auto.

3. twinturbostang

A9P vs A9L

Yes you can. I've done it. Actually, I ran an A3M with an auto before I swapped in my TKO. And I actually liked the A3M tune better. :)

4. ConradS

A9P vs A9L

Are there any real differences between all the processors whether 5 speed or auto,not counting the 93 cobra version?

5. stanggod

A9P vs A9L

When I tried it the auto wouldnt shift right.

6. Mike

A9P vs A9L

I have been using an A9P for 4 years now with a Tremec - 3 with the turbos - and haven't had any problems. I now have a Tweecer to tune it with, but only because it doesn't idle well without it. No problem, in my opinion.

7. 92FivePointSlow

the fuel mappings in an a9l are a little more aggressive (leaner) than the a9p. I have the a9p in my car with the tko...and plan to add a turbo very soon. i don't see why it would cause any problems so long as your going to be tuning the car anyway....

i'm not sure about any other differences between the two though. hope that helps some

8. ~T~

A9P vs A9L

We have ran an A9P in a manual car, and an A9L in an auto. Both cars were supercharged. I think you will be alright too