1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

A scary economic crisis that I was just informed of this morning...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Leftoverchinese, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Leftoverchinese

We have all heard about the failure of the Lehman Brothers back in mid September. However, how many of you were aware of the collapse of the money market that happened in the wake of the closing of the Lehman Brothers? I caught a clip of this interview on the radio this morning and I must say it was rather disturbing so I found a copy of it on Youtube.

Thoughts?

2. Cox Abele

your link is toast.

It is not shocking. We are on the brink of collapse all the time. The edge of the razor we now teater on is just starting to feel sharper.

3. Leftoverchinese

Try the link now...

4. slowfox

Yeah that'll get your attn. I really don't want another great depression. Especially not a global one. :eek:

5. Turbod_86_stang

All the countries tied to the U.S. dollar (which is most) will take a hit and economies will recess, as they are now. The difference is they are the worlds biggest producers now (mainly India and China), and we are the worlds biggest consumers. We are in so much debt now that as the worlds markets slowly decouple us from their economies and start consuming goods themselves they will be the thriving economies in a couple years and we will be left with nothing but stagnate job creation and inflation. This mess here is far from over while the whole world will start to pull away.

6. RI85GT

7. John M

"The budget should be balanced. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered, and assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome becomes bankrupt." - Cicero, 63BC

8. Turbod_86_stang

Great quote. It shows that you take all the dynamics of a different time and era away and the same lessons from history should still be learned.

9. John M

Well, look at it this way. If we go the way of the Romans, we still have vomitariums and orgies to look forward to.

10. turbo cat

11. twinturboroush