1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

a few opinions needed

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by speedfreak, Nov 22, 2006.

1. speedfreak

well i have a few ways i might go with my combo

needing some opinions

combo
    306 mexican block
    stock length rod -h-beams
    steel crank
    weiand x-celerator intake
    750 blowthrough carb
    i would like to run a small hydraulic roller like the f-cam to keep it somewhat streetable
    mp T70 -81 . or 96. still undecided on this too has 68 on it now
    now questions

heads- i have twisted wedge heads 58cc
    or 210cc heads they are the knockoffs look alot bigger runner wise and have not been milled
    which ones should i use
    twisted wedges have been milled so they might not have much more material left for blowing gaskets. will have to run a dished piston ?
    210 heads well for one they are knockoffs not really sure how good they are but i still have them
    they maybe a bit overkill for the combo with the t70 or is it just me thinking this

pistons- dished or flattops?

i am wanting this car to run mid to low 6s in the 1/8 and still be able to drive it on the street
    probably 10-15 # on street and 20# at the track since i should not have block worries

thanks for any ones input on this in advance
    if they are stupid questions than sorry