1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

A big thanks and a sizing question.

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Shoeslappa, May 2, 2022.

1. Shoeslappa

Hey guys, first off I wanted to thank mnlx and B E N for their suggestion on going S475 on my fury big block build.Got one,installed it and the car rips. I would have thanked you on the original thread but it kinda went off the rails.My new question is regarding the old turbo.

I have a 64 Comet with a 408 stroker and was wondering if my old turbo would work on this application.Making around 700-800 hp range.And if not I have someone who wants to buy it.

CX racing 76mm turbo with a 1.15 AR housing.
    408ci
    AFR 185 heads
    comp cam 218/224 hydraulic roller. lift on both valves is 0.513. lobe seperation is 110.
    If I were to guess id say it has 475ish at the flywheel.
    I would also guess the turbo is to small for this but figured it couldnt hurt to ask the pros.

Thanks for any help.

B E N likes this.
  2. Disney Lincoln

You'd be correct. It is too small for 408ci. You'll make power, but it will be choking at higher RPM due to the exhaust volume a 408 produces.

B E N likes this.
  3. Shoeslappa

Thank you. Ill sell it off.