1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

99 GT Remote TT Build Up

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by dave281sc, Aug 3, 2008.

1. dave281sc

Here are some pictures of the charge pipe/side skirt extensois I fabricated for my Twin Turbo Build. They are made of 6061 aluminum. I plan on painting them satin black to match the Mach 1 spoiler on my car.

Picture 006 (Medium).jpg #ad

Picture 007 (Medium).jpg #ad

Picture 009 (Medium).jpg #ad

Picture 013 (Medium).jpg #ad

Picture 013 (Medium).jpg #ad

Picture 004 (Medium).jpg #ad

2. dave281sc

Re: 99 GT TT Build Up

Pictures lost

3. dave281sc

Picture of the engine, and car. Of course the Blower is gone now.

2006w.jpg #ad

4. 99TTGT

for a minute , I thought you were taking about me :cool2:

5. dave281sc

Pics of Turbo Mufflers. I still have a little finish work to do.

IMG_0165.JPG #ad

IMG_0166.JPG #ad

IMG_0173.JPG #ad

DSCF0016.JPG #ad

DSCF0018.JPG #ad

DSCF0020.JPG #ad

6. wildcardfox

did you fabricate the mufflers? :welder:

7. dave281sc

Yes, I wish I was better at fabrication than I am, though. I ruined 3 Mufflers in the process. I gutted the front chamber on 3 chamber Flowmasters, which gave me room to run the pipe to the inlet of the Turbos. That left me with a 2 chamber Flomaster so I dumped the outlet of the turbo into the empty forward chamber. I added the wastegate pipe to the exhaust pipe pictured after the photo.The wastegate is dumped into the back chamber of the muffler to minimize overall exhaust back pressure.

8. dave281sc

Wildcardfox,
    Not to hijack my own thread :D... I was looking at your profile, and you obviously have 1 badass car, but I don't understand: "custom painted 19" rims with over 100 black and white pictures in the rims" WT???

9. turbomike76

are you putting the turbos in the body of the car ?? and if so why ? wouldn't it be better in the front of the car ? just asking..

10. dave281sc

No offense taken.
    I am puting the turbos under the rear seat. I am raising the floor, and cutting the foam off of the bottom of the seat. Install the turbos in the front just like everyone else? Not for me. I wanted something unique, different, one of a kind. I have also always wanted a total sleeper. The turbos will not be visible, the charge pipes will not be identifiable. I am also going to run the piping thru the stock air cleaner box in the engine compartment so it will just look like another 4V N/A transplant when the hood is open. The only giveaway will be the intercooler, and I will paint it black, and install a shroud so it can not be seen from above. Besides everyone will be looking for a hidden nitrous anyway. With 4 cats, 2 turbos, and 4 muffflers the car will be quiter than stock too. And I will retain stock ride quality since I do not have to upgrade to aftermarket control arms.

11. wildcardfox

Yah, my car is completely hot rod custom. I built everything on it except the engine. That I leave to Accufab's race team :chacha:
    My car was also once a 1999 Mustang Gt.

[​IMG]#ad

The rims... here's an idea

and here's one of the car on the dyno... If you look at the rims you can see them.

Sadly they are on their way out as they are being replaced with 20x10's on all four corners with custom widebody front fenders to allow the huge wheels in the front.

[​IMG]#ad

here's the engine bay.

Back to your turbo kit: I defiantly understand the need to be sleeper. On my car, when I was given the turbo I was tasked with trying to find a place for the monster that was the size of my old S-Trim. I wanted to make sure that it was not able to be seen, and that if I had to open the hood it could not be detected (as you can see in the picture above). It took awhile to get it all figured out and over a year of planing and designing, but the finished product you only see a large tube which most assume is a cold air kit, and if I wanted to I can mask the pipe inside of a dummy air filter box. From the engine bay you cannot see any turbo pipes. I've even had mechanics look at the car, and they never even realized it was turbo charged. Stealth is always a valuable asset. I hope it all works out with your build.That's a very innovative idea. :cheers:

12. dave281sc

Having something unique is always cool. Where did you put your turbo? You have pics?

13. wildcardfox

The turbo is in the driverside portion of the bumper along with the HKS GT II wastegate, scavenging pump. Both sides of the intercooler have a Tial BOV- one mounted directly on the Intercooler and the other on the inlet pipe.

[​IMG]#ad

For your setup you are going to need scavenging pumps check out www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm They have a pretty creepy website but they make really good pumps. You should be able to get away with one with just a T-fitting running two lines to each turbo as the turbo drain system. :cheers:

14. roushedstang

Wow guys good info..

15. wildcardfox

16. dave281sc

Nice car!

The RB Racing is the pump I have.

17. wildcardfox

Thanks!
    yah rb racing is the best pump that I've found but man can the guy hold a grudge as one page on his site is dedicated to some guy who screwed him over.

18. wildcardfox

So you ran your inlet pipe through the first chamber, with an S-turn with an incorporated wastegate tube. Then the Turbo Downpipe dumps back into the empty chamber- channeling exhaust around the turbocharger inlet tube and off into the other chambers of the flowmaster. Then the wastegate dumps out into the furthermost chamber of the muffler. I drew up a diagraghm:

If that's correct then with the stock GT h-pipe with the six cats and then the turbos acting as 1/3 of a muffler and then the now 2 chamber flowmasters also in the mix that thing is going to be Ghostly Quiet! :2thumbs:

19. dave281sc

You haven't known many "Bikers", have you? My second Step Dad was affiliated with Hells Angel back in the 60's. It's all about respect, and you never screw your buddies... ever.

20. wildcardfox

I've known a few... mainly old buddies who are now in Motorcycle clubs. I just thought it was funny when I was researching which pump to buy.. it was either them or a competitor. Based on that page I figured if I had any issues with the pump I would meet stiff resistance, so I went with their competitor, but after trying to diagnose a problem with my drain tube configuration I replaced the pump with an RB standard model. I drove out there and picked it up... They were nice people- really frail looking guy and his wife working in a huge carpet factory with lots of bike parts everywhere from old bmws and other brands. But the quality of the part is eons above what their competitors piece was. I hooked it up with some AN adapters are ran an -10 An line to it and back to the oil tank. Good peace... I use them now whenever I'm doing a build. I actually have to run a timer on the pump to run for a set amount of time after the car is off to allow extra oil that is in the turbo feed tube and turbo shaft to evacuate- When you don't have gravity on your side things back up pretty quick when the pump is turned off immediately.

Are you worried about blowing your 4R70W? I had a built 4R70W that was heavy duty controlled by the Baumannator- the trans unfourtunately was only built to handle 500 rwhp (it would've been more but the shop at the time asked my old engine builder what hp and he said 500 rwhp since I only had Cobra motor and the S-Trim running the stock pulley), but when I decided to go turbo I either figured go pay another 3400.00 to get the auto rebuilt for more hp or just go manual. I had a free T-45 that I was offered to me by one of the Shops other car owners who was getting a Viper T-56, but because I didn't want to wait for the trade I went and bought a T-56. By using many of the parts donated from wrecked parts cars laying around Accufab I was able to complete the 4R70W transition to T-56 for around 2500.00. So my question is are you concerned about the 4R70W in your car or is that something that you have already taken care of i.e. is it built for the power levels that you are planning to run?