1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

98 cobra 80mm turbo first time out

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by yurg, Nov 15, 2009.

1. yurg

Here the best of 4 runs the first time out. It has a c4 in it with a blower converter that works terrible with this setup but I was anxious to get it running. It doesn't build any boost off the line and is totally dead out of the hole. I have a turbo 400 waiting for a converter and a ams 1000 to put in soon, so I hope for some better times to come.
    Foj-K30tXQA[/media]]

2. eades5.0

Some serious mph, with the new trans/converter this thing is gonna be a monster!

BW 80mm?

3. yurg

I hope so :D Yes it is the BW80mm.

4. bags50lx

Is that at beaver springs? Who tuned it?

5. 1sicpny

It is at beaver springs. Tuned by Psi Motorsports.

6. tt97cobra

That is some mid 9 second mph!! How much boost you running in that pass??

7. yurg

It was a 1.90 60' 16-17 lbs is all we could see and builds none off the line, the converter is way off from my old procharger setup. I got a turbo 400 and a chance converter on the way so we hope to see mid 20's on c-16.

8. tt97cobra

Did you launch on a trans break or did ya just foot break it??

9. goat-ee

Is that the Turbo Cobra that was on eBay with a transmission problem? Either way, that's an evil mph for just a shakedown run!!!

10. conbread

that thing is flying..what size tire is on it..any pics

11. yurg

This was on a transbrake but would build no boost.

12. yurg

It was on ebay, went to michigan to pick it up. Not sure if the same one or not.

13. yurg

I'll have to get some pics. The tire is a 325 50 15 hoosier drag radial on a custom 12" rim. The car is up on the lift ready for the turbo 400 as soon as I get the coolant mod reconstructed so I don't have it pinched between the engine and firewall. The motor is pushed back about an inch and a half and now that I put the cooling mod in I have no clearance to tilt the engine for a good angle from the trans to the rear without pinching the coolant mod. I can't move the engine back up as the turbo kit was fabbed with it this way and will just be easier to make the custom cooling mod. This is a little set back for the dyno but hope to get there in a couple weeks. I also have a ams 1000, a xfi setup and cops to clean up the engine bay a little more but I don't want to change too many things at once and make sure this trans works the way it should first. I'll keep updating my progress as I go.

14. 99TTGT

congrats.,nice mph

15. Crawlin5.0

Aside from the shitty converter causing problems, how do you like the 80mm on the small motor? Is spool decent?

16. yurg

It is definately a big change from the d1sc I had previously. The supercharger was instant tire burning with a quick snap of the throttle but the little street time I had with the turbo it was a different animal. It is very mellow until it starts spooling but then be very careful around turns with those skinnies as the front end starts to lift off the ground. I'm sure with some tuning and this new transmission it will make a big difference and not seem so laggy but there was little seat and tuning time to really make an opinion.

17. kabloooeyyy350eeee