1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pt88 370 SS Camaro Track results

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by Strim93coupe, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Strim93coupe

First time out to the track with this setup pretty much and using the transbrake. The manual boost controller wasn't doing me any favors making going from 2 psi to 17 psi within .4 of a second once I let go of the transbrake. Ended up having issues with my tru trac and gonna be going with a spool. Race weight comes in at 3680 lbs, still have to add a cage, not sure if I wanna put it on a diet, thinking about adding Dynamat to help cut down on the noise from suspension.

First video I was on 14 psi, 9 degrees timing and 10.00 AFR on 114 octane, second was 17 psi, 14 degrees timing and 10.5 AFR, was working on tune at track as I had no luck hooking on street with the 50 degree temps.

Only got to make 1 full pass before getting the boot, did a few short runs. 1 being 6.39 at 87 mph in the 8th mile.

2. DeboDaddy

I think I saw ya out there Wednesday, man. Car looks really strong. For me, the track was surprisingly sticky for the temps and recent weather. That being said, I expected absolutely no grip at all. lol

3. 331StrokerStang

4. Strim93coupe

I'm going to pass on that one, I'm making my own boost controller for 150.

5. Orr89rocz

What rear end? 12 bolt? 9"? What happened to the truetrac? I'm considering truetrac differential in a 12 bolt GM rear.... I dont wanna hurt it but will have a AMS 500 controller. No trans brake as of yet but planned on one eventually

6. Strim93coupe

The true trac no longer works, only 1 wheels works at a time. I was pretty against getting a spool but now I won't ever waste money on a true trac again. Mine is a 12 bolt, the people I talked to after this broke tells me the true trac makes the rear just as week as a 10 bolt would be.

7. Orr89rocz

Wow that is disappointing to hear. I have heard the exact opposite. Couple of 9 second cars using them. Oh well, i plan to give it a shot

8. Strim93coupe

I'll be shocked if it lives for more then 10 launches in the 1.3x 60 foot range. Just not worth all that extra money to have to take it apart and fix it again.

9. Orr89rocz

hmm i havent been down that low yet but its capable if I had a trans brake.... i'd consider the wavetrac but thats very expensive and 35 spline only for 12 bolts and I think the rear I will be getting is a 33 spline. Not sure. Oh well, its suppose to be more a street car so I guess I gotta make sacrifices to make it more street

10. Strim93coupe

Mine's also a street car that I can drive anywhere, I never liked spools but I'm gonna have to live with it. I plan to get in the 1.2x range and hope to see mid 8s with this combo.

11. chad434sc

Very nice runs.

I have ran on the street with a spool for the last 10 years and I have no complaints about it at all. I have always ran ET Streets which helps due to them being so soft.

12. BlownShovel

x2 Soft rear tires, real (not skinny) front tires and it'll be fine.

13. Orr89rocz

How does soft tires help? Wouldnt that make it want to stick more in turns making it MUCH harder on the spool/axles/gears? Softer tires usually = more traction. Harder rubber is easier to turn on the street, takes less power to move since it has less traction. So in a turn where one wheel must turn faster than the other, it be easier to break a harder tire loose with the spool so its much softer on the axles/driveline.
    But breaking loose is not a good thing as it can create a drift show :) Are you saying softer tires reduce this effect and make it more manageable in turns?

14. BlownShovel

Soft sidewall to provide some cushion/give