1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1994 Dodge Dakota track results

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by TheOtherDodge, Apr 8, 2012.

1. TheOtherDodge

I FINALLY made it to the track Sat at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown (Houston) Texas. Weather was nice, about 80 degrees, sunny.

On 8 lbs of boost, on the brake making 5 lbs of boost, it blew the tires: 2.33 60ft, 11.59 @ 127.62

On 10 lbs of boost, on foot brake leaving on about 1 lb of boost, the truck went: 1.52 60ft, 10.23 @ 131.82

Shifting at 6,000 and crossing around 6,000. My AIT were a little high at 178 so I need to work on that too.

Nothing spectacular on the build. 390 inch 318 based block, billet caps, Edelbrock heads, .520 lift hydraulic roller, 76 mm turbo, .93 A/R exh, 3.55 gear, 315 60 15 drag radial.

I will work on the 60 fts some and it should run some 9's in good air later in the fall. All in all I was happy!

2. HAULIN IT

Congratulations! Was this the first time to the track since the build? I went & looked through your other posts, that's a good lookin' truck!
    On another note...My wife is coming down there (Baytown) the first Two weeks in June to visit family there. Do they still do the street race nights (No ET's show on the boards)? The one night I was there, that's what they were doing...Really sucked to me! There was a Light Blue Luv truck there with a SBC on spray that was really gettin' it, I always wondered what it ran.
    Let me know if your going back in June, I'll tell her to look you up...she's a gearhead. Lorne

3. TheOtherDodge

Thanks! Yes, first time since the build so I had no idea what it would run. I think in good cool air, if I can leave off 2-3 lbs of boost, it will run 9's.

I was looking through vids and stumbled across this one... Notice what goes by to his left...

4. rdakota340

Congrats that's awsome I have been wondering if you were ever going to make it to the track!!