1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94 cobra turbo with a 351w

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by SN 94cobra turbo351w, Jan 13, 2011.

1. SN 94cobra turbo351w

ENGINE

351w roller block
    Edelbrock victor jr heads
    F 303 cam
    1.7 roller rockers
    Polised spyder intake upper,lower
    75mm accufab throttle body
    3"pmas blow through mass air
    Sheet metal valve covers
    Polished catch can
    Ford racing harmonic balancer SFI
    DSS main support

TURBO SETUP

Turbonetics 76mm turbo bb oil/water cooled
    JGS 50mm wastegame
    JGS 56mm blow off valve
    All polished hot & cold piping
    DEI turbo blanket
    DEI header wrap

SUSPENTION

AJE k member
    AJE front tubular A arms
    Maximum motorsports caster camber plates
    AJE front coilovers
    AJE rear coilovers
    Maximum motorsport subframe connectors
    Flaming River FR 1892 manual rack& pinion

BRAKES

pro street AeroSpace brakes

KITS INCLUDE:
    Billet Aluminum 4 Piston Calipers
    Billet Aluminum Hubs with screw in dust caps
    Billet Aluminum Mounting Brackets
    11 3/4 Diameter .81 Thick Vented Rotors
    Grade 8 Hardware
    1/2 x 3" long screw in wheel studs
    Wheel Bearings
    Grease seals
    Hawk Performance Brake Pads
    Meets All NHRA / IHRA Requirements
    Moser 31 spline axles
    Hardened wheel studs
    McGard lug nuts
    Line lock

transmission

ART CARR C-4 SFI package
    ART CARR SFI bellhousing
    ART CARR 3500 stall
    B&M Pro stick
    B&M Transmission Cooler braided lines
    Aluminum Driveshaft
    Driveshaft safety loop

Fuel System

Aeromotive Fuel System
    Aeromotive Fuel Rails
    A 1000 Pump
    Aeromotive Fuel Pressure regulator
    Aeromotive Y Block
    All braided lines
    Lucas 75lb injectors EV1 Style

ELECTRONICS

Anderson PMS Series 4 with 3 Bar map sensor
    MSD 8451 Pro Billet distributor
    MSD Digital-6 plus CD ignition
    MSD plus wires
    MAD Cap/rotor/coil
    AEM tru boost controller
    Autometer Wideband

COOLING

Meziere water pump 55GPM
    Fluidyne radiator
    Pro billet thermostat Housing
    Electric fan

WHEELS/TIRES

3pc Trak Star Pro series
    15x10 15x4
    325/60/15 BF Goodrich Drag Radials

BODY

5" Harwood Cobra R hood
    clear Cobra lights
    Cobra Front/Rear Bumper

76mm turbo 002.jpg #ad

cobra 003.jpg #ad

spyder intak 1 003.jpg #ad

cobra 005.jpg #ad

parts 001.jpg #ad

parts 008.jpg #ad

cobra 010.jpg #ad

2. n97240

Re: 94 cobra turbo

That intake setup is Sexy!! Cool build!!

3. SN 94cobra turbo351w

thanks man its a professional products

4. TimmieG

Soooooo what ur saying is that theres nothing cobra left about it except the airbag and gauges? :cheers:. Nice build. Keep us posted!

5. MONTEGOD7SS

The VIN is, good enough for me. In the end it's just a Mustang, like a million other ones.

6. SN 94cobra turbo351w

nothing but the airbags and carpet.lol

7. SN 94cobra turbo351w

right now yea its just a mustang but give it another 10+ years and they will be worth alot more then a GT just because they didnt make but i think 5009 something like that.

8. MONTEGOD7SS

One Mustang worth a lot more than another Mustang? Yeah, one in good shape will be worth more than one in shitty shape too. They are just Mustangs, nothing more.

9. SN 94cobra turbo351w

so you think if you have a 94 GT and 94 cobra both in great shape same amount of miles.you dont think 10 years from now the cobra will be worth alot more?

i understand for the most part they are they same as a GT but thats not what im trying to argue.

10. MONTEGOD7SS

No, I'm saying what does it matter what they are worth? They are Mustangs, whether one is worth $3k or one is worth $5k really doesn't matter. These aren't Duesenbergs or something we're talking about here, and will never, ever be collectible in a sense of the classic Hemis, Shelbys, L-88s, ZL1 cars. I see a '93 Cobra and all I see is a Mustang GT. If I had the money I would make it my life's goal to chop up as many Cobras, Superbirds, split window Vettes as I could just to piss off the "collectors."

11. 9t3svt

That's got to be one of the most ignorant things I have ever read.

12. MONTEGOD7SS

Then don't read it. I don't want to mess up this thread with my opinion of these super rare Mustangs. Kudos to the OP for cutting one up, apparently we are the only ones that see them as nothing special.

13. SN 94cobra turbo351w

ok first off i never said they are special. also where do you get from this build that i cut up the car? everything on this car bolted right in if it didnt bolt right in and if they didnt we made the parts fit to the car.i didnt cut on the car in any way to make the stuff fit the car.

so if you could please let me know how you think i cut up the car

14. 9t3svt

Well, I didn't know what I was getting in to and after I got started it was too late lol. Not trying to start a pissin match or anything, but it does sound like you may have a bit of a mustang chip on your shoulders. That is why special editions are made of any car, to differentiate it from all the others. I am not a Chevy guy at all, but when I see a nice Monte SS, I respect that someone took care of it and is not a rusty beat piece of shit like most ended up. And the OP believes the cobra to be a valuable car. One funny thing there is at least as far as fox cars go, a well cared for fox gt or notch with low miles will bring similar money as a cobra. Cobras were known to be rare and were therefore generally well taken care of, most people beat the snot out of GTs, so they are harder to find than a nice cobra.

However, investment "collectors" do upset me. That's not what the hobby is to me. But I firmly believe, and am not alone in this, fox cars will be as "collectible" as 1st gen camaros and tri five chevys one day, just wait...

Anyways, looks like you have a nice combo put together, and will be watching to see how it all comes together. Want to do a 351 combo when time and money allow :2thumbs:

15. SN 94cobra turbo351w

ita a very clean cobra with all the paper work and even have the window sticker.never been wrecked and never cut on the car in any way to make anything work.also its a 81,000 mile car which is low also its a very low # out of the 5009.

either way its a very clean car and i understand its never going to be a car that people will pay a shit load for.

i just dont see what he has aganist mustangs.

16. MONTEGOD7SS

I have nothing at all against Mustangs, I just see them all as Mustangs. My Monte is a mint 70k mile car, but wouldn't have a problem chopping it up. First step is putting a 5.3L in it, then someday turboing that. If I was to build a Mustang I would try my best to find a Cobra whether it was a '93 or some later model, but only because I like the looks. You are going to have a fast as hell Cobra, not a fast as hell GT with a Cobra body kit, and that I like!

17. SN 94cobra turbo351w

thanks
    i guess i was taking it wrong.i was thinking you had something aganist mustangs.

i like all kinds of cars as long as they are nice

18. MONTEGOD7SS

I love Mustangs really. Sometimes I wish I had gotten a Mustang back when I was 16 instead of my Monte, because they are SO easy to make light. My car will always be a pig, no matter how much power I throw at it. I would like to do a GUTTED (like the RPS Brawler) Fox body just for street racing and the track.

19. spoolinranger

Very nice setup you working on.

On a sidenote, I agree with Monte I don't care how rare a car is, If I want to chop it up and make it what I want it to be, then I would and thats the bottom line. They are just vehicles plain and simple.

20. SN 94cobra turbo351w

i understand that but i didnt need to chop anything up.we made all the parts fit the car.not the car fit the parts.no need to cut up a perfect car if all you need to do is make the parts fit the car.when im done i could take it apart and bring it back to 100% stock and you would never know anything was done to the car.