1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 mostly stock gt, on3 performance single turbo build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by ramsey, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ramsey

I went with a on3performance turbo system. i still need to get injectors, maf, 2 pod pillar, head studs, head gaskets.

install will prolly start in jan.

This is what it is going on. 1993 gt.

And i have picked up most of the parts.

cold side pipes. all 304 stainless.

304 stainless hot side pipes

manifolds look good.

crossover pipe

o3p-70 turbo

on3 wastegate

on3 blow-off valve

oil drain and feed lines

2. 88foxbody

Starting with some nice parts :2thumbs: Driver side header may give you some issue's though, looks like it may be very close to your oil filter. I had the same problem / no big deal just use a oil filter relocating kit. the plus side is it is a hell of alot nicer to change the oil. Good luck with your build & stay warm looks very cold where you are!!! :cheers:

3. 91svtcoupe

Hot Parts Look like my PTK kit.....Oil Filter looks like its a problem....I not sure how I am going to fix it yet? Shorty oil filter Maybe?

4. strtspdlx

if you dont mind me asking what did the kit include and cost, im in the market for a kit for a carbd car and yours looks to be pretty decen quality, if you dont want to say numbers out in the open please pm me, also were can i get those parts at, looks like youve got a very good base to build off i wish you luck with it, make sure we get some nice burnout/pass pics, looks like itll be a good setup.

5. ramsey

thanks, and i will be using a relocation kit. like 45 bucks at jegs.

thanks and see above.

thanks, and pm sent.

6. Saul

Looks good! :2thumbs: I'm sure it's a great kit (it sure looks like it!) but I would double check the oil drain hose, make sure it can handle the hot oil that will run threw it. I have seen kits that include nothing more than cheap rubber hose that eventually cracks or deteriorates so I just wanted to give you a heads up. :cheers:

7. lvmustanggt

when you going to install ?

8. ramsey

i will look into that

i just picked up my wideband, and am picking up boost gauge and injectors next week. i should install start of jan.

9. ramsey

edit:dp :bang:

10. On3performance

Ramsey, someone emailed me this post from another forum. Let me know if you need any help or have questions when doing the install.

I drove 14 hours yesterday to look at a notch to use for marketing and wasnt even close to what the dude said it was. :bang: So back to looking for a notch project car

11. vader_turbo

Where do you guys get your turbos? What brand, chra, housings ect??? Just curious, cause most of the parts look like there from chinabay. :huh:

12. 99TTGT

I got a meter calibrated for 42lbsinjector.
    If interested PM an offer
    thanks

13. Turbo Matt

still collecting parts? I saw this kit on Ebay I am VERY curious how the fitment is. :2thumbs:

14. ramsey

yeah, im debating on wrapping the hot side.

i am picking up head studs and gaskets friday. install should start after the 10th of jan.

i am getting a pmass for under 200 bucks, if you can beat that shipped, please pm.

15. 93BLACKGT

where did you get the pmas for less than $200? I m looking a pmas calibrate for 60lb injector. so please let me know, thank you!

16. slowboat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-1993-Mustang-5-0-Single-Turbo-Kit-Foxbody-86-93_W0QQitemZ130276818185QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item130276818185&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A64%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 I'll assume this is the kit ? Keep us updated on how you make out ramsey. Car looks good in the pics.

17. On3performance

the oil drain hose is Goodyear, it comes directly from Napa as well as most of the brass fittings. Its correct for the head and oil

18. vader_turbo

19. Blackbob

*subscribed*

We're building similar setup using this same kit only with a 331 and changing a few other things. Could you PM me some of the small things you encounter along with way. You know things you'd do/buy different,fitment,etc. We're stationed in Guam and it'll be the first and ONLY turbo stang out here. We're really excited but we want to make sure we know what we're buying,you know ?

20. armyguy88

am also purchasing this kit soon to test it out, will post up the build once i get it