1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 LT1 tuning options

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by ss496, Jun 5, 2015.

1. ss496

Im looking into buying a 93 Corvette (seems to be an odd ball ECU)....daily drive it when the salt isnt on the road...and next year or this winter I would turbocharge it. I am familiar with hptuners, Megasquirt and Binary editor and the process of tuning. Im looking for opinions on using the stock ECU because Im cheap and lazy (no rewire, install issues, serviceable by any technician if I sell the car)

Tunercat seems like a viable option (under $200). However, the brief research I have done seems to indicate the MAP signal portion of the VE table cannot be scaled. Normal procedure for forced induction seems to be installing a 2 bar map sensor...having the 100 kpa shown on the software equal 200 kpa in "the real world" and then fudging the injector slopes.

Is this the only way of doing it with the stock ecu?...seems awkward and an easy way to mess stuff up.

Is there a simuliar type site to this?...http://www.efidynotuning.com/.....but aimed towards tunercat w/ LT1 speed density ECU

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Have you looked at any of the GM solutions from moates.com?

3. ss496

I have not yet.