1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

91 nissan 240sx w/ 305 sbc

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by v8sx, Jan 28, 2007.

1. v8sx

hello all, and glad to be on this site.

I figured I'd share my project with you all.
    stats are :

1991 nissan 240sx
    gutted out , just the basics to run the motor.

sbc 305 w/ forged internals and 350 sbc heads
    turbo 350 trany w/ shift kit and 4500 stall conv.
    holley 750 dp blow through carb
    single turbo set up.

A/R 0.84 Exducer
    A/R 0.70 Compressor
    Outlet (exducer/hot side) 3 " V-Band
    Inlet (compressor/cold side)(4")
    Outlet (compressor/cold side)(2.5")
    Compressor major diameter 84 mm

I'm shooting for 400 + hp.
    as soon as i get my camra fixed I'll take some pics for you all.
    Its really goin to be a drag car but also drive on the street to.
    I'll keep every one posted.

2. Lance

Kinda low HP goals IMO :angel:

We do that with the orginal 4 cylinders on pumpgas :-X

Be sure to post some pics, I havn't seen a V8 240 with a turbo :)

3. v8sx

ya I'm just using those hp #'s so that when I go over them I'm really happy and not sad.
    this is a couple pics of when I dropped the motor in the car before I took the motor apart to redo it.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I need a new camra so I can take new pics

4. linkmustang

5. 95silverstallion

I would seriously reconsider using a 305 SBC. You should be able to find a 350 for about $100.

6. memphis

+1 I agree...Since youre going through all the trouble to build it, you might as well use a powerplant that has more potential.

7. v8sx

I would like to use a 350 and have still been looking around for one but havn't beed sucessful in my attemps to locate one.
    If any one knows posibly whos got one cheap let me know.

8. Lance

Holycrap you set that thing back... But I guess if you like doing the tin work its technically better.
    But getting to the disty, changing plugs, etc will be a pia.

9. v8sx

there is plenty of room to change the plugs , and the distr. I'm thinking of going with msn crank triger set up. and I wanted to push the motor back as far as I could for better weight transfer to the rear tires.

10. nissanfanatic

Nice man.. Good luck..

11. Procharged66

Great project! How's the clearance for headers? Looks like you have plenty of room up front--especially w/that setback! Keep us posted.

12. v8sx

well guys I was able to snag a 327 sbc camaro motor from my brother out of his 1977 mgb. hes goin to a sb 400. this motor is fully biult and ready to go. I'll get some pics very soon.
    some of the specs I remember off the top of my head are: arp bolts all through the motor , camel hump heads over sized valves double valve springs , huge cam ( probley changing it out for somthing more for tubo appl. ) forged everything . 10.25/1 comp. on the dyno it put down 536 hp. and 545 ft lbs. thats all I can think of right now but will keep posting.

as for header clearence great! all the room in the world. this fits better than my old motor setup. heres a pic

[​IMG]#ad

13. v8sx

I got some time to work on my car this week and did the tin work for the new tunnel/ firewall and it turned out great. now to cut the area out whare the spare tire goes and get it ready for a fuel cell.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

later tonight I'll post what I got done today.