1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

90 5.0 fox body turbo questions

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by fastcarlikenascar, Mar 4, 2011.

1. fastcarlikenascar

Im not new to the turbo world, someone just decided to drive through my srt4. Anyways I just bought a 90 foxbody it has a mild cam, all the normal bolt ins, and a kevlar clutch. Im looking into turboing it. I can't go back to a na car I love hearing the turbo the added hp fuel economy the looks on peoples faces and the most popular question what's that sound or how can I get my intake to sound like that. I looked into the treadstone turbo kit I read that alot of people on here have problems I had one on my set and never had a problem with 37# of boost. I would like to be under 3,000 for my build and around 350 400hp. Im. wondering what turbo kits are the best what size injectors what boost I should use and what should I tune with I've tried searching on google and in the forums but im having trouble finding the answers. Also I wanna go single turbo. Thank you any help would be greatly appreciated

2. jridenour31

With those questions it's hard to believe you did much searching. B&G Custom Turbo, 42's, and 8-12.

3. 331StrokerStang

BG or Pony Down Hotside, Master Power T70, eBay IC Kit, Cobra 39lb Injectors, Walbro 255 Pump, Moates Quarter Horse, and a Boost Gauge.

4. 302f150

You forgot to add the Wideband setup. I wouldn't run a turbo without one. Might as well grab 42lb injectors, they seem to be more common than the 39's. Idk about pricing though.

Do a little more searching, tons of feedback on this site, in fact, there is an entire subforum dedicated to feedback on companies. You aren't the only one who has looked into turbocharging a fox. Steer clear of ebay hotsides, from what I've seen its a crapshoot on which ones will fit or hold up. You might be a gambler though. You can also look into a used name brand turbo like Garrett or Holset or Borg Warner, they are all available on diesels in scrapyards and typically aren't too pricey.

5. jaredsamurai

Really? Please explain

6. 302f150

lol, I've seen a lot of theory and all on that. I think theoretically it should work, why does ford turbocharge the ecoboost engines? They spent a lot of money on R&D for those I'm sure. But in the real world, the right foot and the tune probably kill any gains that might be apparent

7. fastcarlikenascar

I've decided on using the BG hotside kit, MP t70,255 fuel pump, 42# injectors, ebay ic kit unless I can use the intercooler off my set. I have a wideband and boost gauge from my srt im using. Now im just worried. About tunning im trying to do this myself I built my srt and it ran fine till someone hit it. I looked into the moates quarter horse and I don't really understand how it works is there a chip I can just put in that's allready calibrated or anything like that when I tuned my srt I just used a diablosport predator and order a tune online. There's no tuning shops here I live in presque isle maine so id like to be able to do it myself and keep it fairly easy. Thanks

8. 302f150

The Quarterhorse plugs into a service port on the EEC-IV computer, from that point on you use a laptop and you can control basically the entire tune. There is no ready made put it in and go tune, but you can get some people from eectuning.org to help. Check out that site, look around, there is tons of info there.

9. stangman9897

I had one on my set and never had a problem with 37# of boost.

I take it that was a type O you were running 37lbs of boost ?