1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

90* 4 inch hose

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by bgjohnson, Feb 3, 2010.

1. bgjohnson

Hey guys,

Need to pick your brains for a bit.

I have a box Upper intake on my 408 with just a 3/8 spacer between the TB and intake. I'm ordering a new 90* coupler between my TB and intake tube since I upgrade to a 90mm TB along with my box upper.

The problem is, the TB sits too far in just to do a standard 90* since i don't have the stock 2 inch EGR spacer. So this 90* is going to have to have a longer leg on it so it can clear my oil fill tube.

Basically I need to go further to the shock tower before it can curve 90* into intake piping. The one I have now looks jank because it goes from TB to coupler, to piping, then the 90* elbow, then piping then MAF.

I want to just go, TB, to 90*, to intake piping to MAF.

So I think I would need like a 5+ inch leg on this thing. Biggest I have found is 5 inches, not sure if it would be enough. You guys have any hose suppliers that will have this?

2. ls1killr

3. Hemann

Why not weld on another section of pipe?

4. bgjohnson

It's aluminum piping, it's on an N/A setup right now and I don't like tig welding it.

T76 COupe: I just want it to look cleaner with one tube, and I would only have to by the single piece instead of the 90*, the pipe, then a coupler. Thanks for the links though.

5. Disney Lincoln

I have seen the 90* bends with long legs on them. I'm not positive, but I think RPS sells them like that.

6. bgjohnson

Anybody know the OD of a 90mm Accufab TB?

I think I may need a 4 inch to 3.75 90*. That's gonna suck to find with a 5 inch leg.

7. bgjohnson

Alright, I broke down and did the 3.75 opened to 4 inch coupler, to the 4inch stainless connector to the 4 inch 90* elbow. I will let you all know how it works out if your interested.

8. 86lxnotch

i was gonna say i have a 90mm accufab egr spacer that im not using

9. bgjohnson

Well son of a bitch...

I have a 3/8 EGR delete plate with throttle bracket that I'm going to use. I will let you know if I need it.

10. 86lxnotch

ok mine is the full thickness of the stocker so its here if ya need it

11. bgjohnson

OK,

So found out I didn't need it to come over as much as expected with the TFS-R BOX upper. I just used the 4inch 90* coupler from TB to intake tubing. Very clean looking.

I did find out I had to modify to cross bracing under my hood to make the beast fit though. That's a huge intake!