1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

89 foxbody ON3. Is micro squirt a good option?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Chucks89, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Chucks89

Looking for recommendations on micro squirt and injectors etc . 89 foxbody, mainly stock.
    Adding ON3 single turbo and new to fuel management.

2. 91turboterror

Horsepower goal? What’s your budget for fuel management? Holley efi is really nice stuff. Don’t forget a larger fuel pump too . a walbro 255 for example.

3. Disney Lincoln

I would say it is an option. Good is a relative terms. Microsquirt is one of the most onerous systems out there. It requires a lot of work by the end user. As long as you're able to do the work required, it's not bad. It aint great, but not bad.
    For a mostly stock car, hard to beat the stock ECU with a QuarterHorse and Binary Editor. Once you start throwing in a heads, and cam, then a stand alone becomes the easier choice.

4. Chucks89

450 hp. I know I need the fuel pump and larger injectors. Didn’t really want to spend $1200 on the Holley terminator.

5. FlatOut

look into stinger performance. Their PimpXS would be a good option if you have a tuner or are willing to do some learning.

ummduh and Chucks89 like this.
  6. Mnlx

I actually like the Microsquirt, but its limited, and basic. The Holley is much more user friendly for the novice tuner, and don't forget, it comes with a wide band, and auto tune. You'll have to purchase those separately with the Microsquirt. Also, if you plan to make more hp later on, the stand alone would definitely be my choice.

Chucks89 likes this.
  7. 91turboterror

For 450hp 42lb injectors will do it . 60lb injectors might be better if you want a little extra insurance and wanna make more power later down the road. For even higher volume fuel pumps Walbro has a 450 And a 525 . If you plan on an aftermarket efi you probably should invest in something that’s user friendly and has good technical support like the Holley. Spend the money once and you’ll save time and money in the longrun

8. SpartanSV

IMO Speeduino is better than a microsquirt in pretty much every way. If you have the skills to do a microsquirt you can probably handle a speeduino install.

It's insane value for money, and been DD reliable on a turbo V8 for me for years.

Chucks89 likes this.
  9. Russell

I like my terminator x. I just wish I would have gotten the MAX. When I bought it I wanted to save the money and I told myself I would always stay 5 speed. Data logging and the built-in 2-step was worth it!

10. Chucks89

Does it retain the MAF?

11. Russell

No, it's speed density

12. Chucks89

Ok. I’ve heard that’s a better option with forced induction.