1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Crankcase Venting

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vht, Dec 6, 2015.

1. vht

Twin turbo chevy 6.0, I was going to install a 10an fitting, bolt on type, in each valve cover. The fitting is the one's you install in the oil pan for turbo drain, and I was going to run 1 hose to a catch can with a breather, and the other hose to a 1 way valve in the down pipe. Wouldn't this work on a street and strip deal?

2. Tgbstang90

I was told that there wasn't going to be enough vacuum in the downpipe to create the venture affect on the catch can. I have seen people instead of going to the downpipe, run it through an air/oil separator and to the air inlet of the turbo.

3. turbomalibuwagon

You will want a second can to separate oil in the hose to the downpipe or you may suck oil in the exhaust.

4. TomR

I don't know about a Chevy, but in my Fords there has never been enough side draft to pull any vacuum on an exhaust tap no matter what angle I try. This is true even with an open exhaust. You stick a muffler on it, and the damn thing is positive pressure.

You are far better off to use engine manifold vacuum for a street/strip system. They do make check valves that will prevent boost from backing up into the vacuum line. My check valves (off a Japanese truck at the junk yard) hold off 25 psi boost.

5. vht

Thanks, first turbo motor and I'd heard all thes horror stories about boosted LS engines.

6. 71/454

If you search a push pull system on here that should give you some good info. I run I this system with a check valve in the line to the pcv

7. Chuck L