1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88mm on 540-565 question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by joes69, Dec 12, 2015.

1. joes69

this may be another dumb question from me but wanted to get a opinion..I was wondering if you could put this turbo on a 540-565bbc.It will of course be between 8-10psi boost on a flattop engine.The camshaft will be 575-600 range with merlin heads.The turbo is a 88mm with a 111 turbine wheel and a t6 1.39 ex housing.When I originally had the turbo built it was for a 496 so it is supposed to be good for that..The cover is ported and its basically a gt55 style turbo..Any opinions are appreciated and not really wanting to run twins since my system is already done for a single...thanks in advance

2. joes69

If theres anyone whos done anything close to this would love to hear opinions also.I did run a s475 on a 496.It worked to a point but if I tried to go past 12psi on the boost it seemed to blow through.Up to 11psi was very nice..It did a s475 on another bbc and did get a 5.9 out it but could tell the turbo needed alittl more..Just seeing if this has any chance of working before spending any money..My goals aren't crazy only looking at 800 maybe slightly more to get my car around the 5.7 range in 1/8th.I drive it on street also so that's why going with turbo stuff so I don't have to go crazy on cams,compression spring pressure etc.