1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 small frame- power ?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by goose, Sep 8, 2003.

1. goose

just curious, what would be the max of an 88 small frame, and would it be worth it versus a large frame 81 or 76, for some light street use but mostly track. the track is only about 4 miles from the house - don't wanna trailor it.

2. Brent Davis

Most of the turbo companies that sell the small frame 88mm turbos are in the 1100+ HP range. I say it would be worth going with the smaller frame due to packaging.......that's all. The large frame units will of course make more max HP but then you have to figure out what you want for now and/or later as far as HP goes.

I don't trailor mine either. Gotta love it when the trailor queens watch you make a pass and then pass them going home :taunt: :rockon:

3. goose

thanks for the reply - i figured it was about 1100-1200. by the way, do you know if we can compete in the domestic vs. import race in oct at MIR? i don't think we're even able to compete in the ford event because we have innercoolers - i'd like to do both.

4. Matt W

So Mike....what's the deal? Have you guys got the car up and running yet? Make it over to Pauls for some pulls? Let me know when you guys plan on making the maiden voyage.

Matt

5. goose

matt - i've driven it about 100 miles, still working on the tune a little and finding minor problems to fix. i'm taking it to George at MD Performance to get it tuned and he's going to show me more about the FAST system. he said it would be and 8-10 hour day so hopefully i will get that done after i get back from california.

6. Brent Davis

I need to get up there and meet you guys and see all these bad rides.

Matt, lemme know when I can meet up.