1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

800rwhp with stock 4v "B" heads?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by strkdblwncapri, Jan 8, 2014.

1. strkdblwncapri

Ok critique this setup.....I am going to put a 4v motor in my car and just needed some opinions on some stuff. The motor will be donated from a Mark VIII and I will get a cobra crank, cams and intake along with good rods and pistons to support the power and while I am in there maybe new valve springs and cam chains and ford racing high volume oil pump. So here is the question will stock B heads support 800whp through a c4 on E85? How much boost is it gonna take? It will have an s480 turbo on it as well.

Just at a point where I have always wanted a 4v and my windsor needed to be pulled, so its either time for a dart windsor block and good internals or sell what I have and go 4v? Just want to at least make 750+whp with the 4v to get me in the high 8 second 1/4 range. Any info or opinions are appreciated...

2. strokergt

I dnt see why not... I made 530 on 8psi with bone stock motor, if i remember right jimsvt (might be wrong screen name) has a 78mm stock h/c/i car in the 8's with a th400, he just had good rods pistons.. but dont quote me on it lol

3. turboeverything

I would consider going to a C head..
    Other than that your plan looks good.. What management are you going to run it on.?

4. twin57cobra

I ran 8.81 @ 158.78 with mildly ported 98 Cobra B-heads with stock cams (not degreed), stock valves, stock valve springs, stock everything in the head, at 3450lbs with twin 6262's through a TH400, with C-16. You'll make more power with E-85...So, 800 is NP. But putting some good valves and springs is a good idea!!

5. strkdblwncapri

not 100% sure on the engine management yet, maybe the computer out of a cobra or some sort of stand alone? megasquirt? I want to focus on getting the motor and mocking it up and building a turbo setup first then as I sell all my pushrod parts I can start buying all the stuff I need to build the mod motor.

6. strkdblwncapri

Twin57cobra how much boost did you have to run? That gives me some hope considering my car is 3200-3250 with me in it, and that was with a 351w.

7. 1hcam

For the money the megasquirt is pretty sweet. I have about $1k in the whole setup and it works really good. I like it cause I can run just about any combo I can come up with and I didn't have to sell an organ to come up with the money to buy it. When I finish my 4v I'll swap out the COPs for some LS coils just for giggles.

8. twin57cobra

31psi. You'll make 800 with alot less.

9. strkdblwncapri

Glad to hear....thats what I was wanting to go with, something I can tune with rather than having a shop tune it.

10. strkdblwncapri

WOW thats alot lol I am used to the pusrod stuff....17psi got me to a 9.0

11. twin57cobra

Heavy car and your car is e/t ing better then mine. Your 148mph vs my 159mph is the difference from 17psi to my 30psi! lol not quite but you get the idea.

12. strkdblwncapri

yea thats true lol

13. strkdblwncapri

You guys think the s480 will work as well? Not real worried about lag on the street just want it to run the number....with that being said it is the T6 1.32a/r with the 96/88mm Turbine wheel, I was gonna build the turbo crossover with either 2" or 2 1/4" exhaust pipe.

14. lowboost2v

Won't a c4 be a bigger problem to worry about at 800rwhp than the heads? Just wondering....

15. twin57cobra

You should be able to run in the 8's with the boost in the mid to low 20's. Alot of people flying with that turbo.

16. strkdblwncapri

Yea the c4 will be on borrowed time but I dont have a choice this year to upgrade. That will be a next winter upgrade lol

17. strkdblwncapri

Yea I tried searching but couldn't really find a lot of info on 4.6s running them.

18. 99TTGT

yes, they will support it but the c4 on the mod motor is not the best option

how much boost ? boost is just a VALUE for restriction.
    In other words the amount of boost that takes the girl next door to make x amount of horse power will not be the same for the same engine combo from the guy 3 blocks away..

19. strkdblwncapri

Yea I know that boost is just a restriction and that it also depends on the size and efficiency of the turbo, I was just looking for more of a ballpark figure like 25+ or 30+.....not really expecting exact numbers because I know that it will vary.

I have the c4 already so thats what I am going to use if this setup is finished by the end of summer, if its not it will be getting a th400. Hell if my windsor would have survived this past season I was planning on a th400 but now the money has to go to an engine.

20. Uedlose

What happened to the Windsor?