1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

800+ hp 360

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by Forearmracing, May 11, 2016.

1. Forearmracing

To start off im new to this forum but not new to small blocks and turbo 4 cylinder mopars. Only built one v8 small block turboed lasted till the sand trap ate the turbo up.

Me and a buddy are having a build off hes starting off with a 4 bolt main 350 and im going to start off with a 360 sbm.

Not sure if i want to use a LA block or magnum block to start out with. Ive got both sitting around. Witch ever block i use must use stock crank and rods. Pistons are free rang to a point. Ive got a high rise intake that will work with either intake and im going to have Mark sullens make me an E85 blow thro carburetor (he lives right down the road from me)

Ive got a MSD 6AL-2 i plan to use, tial 38mm 14psi wastgate and bov. A1000 fuel pump

Just wondering if anyone has any input on witch block to use, pistons, cam, and fuel regulator

Going off this below and on 14psi should easily make 800hp if i can make it work.

360 rebuilt with 9.5 to 1 cast pistons, original crank, rods and windage tray. 202 heads with competition valve job and ported to flow 260 cfm. Edelbrock RPM intake, Holley 750 rejetted, Large tube headers and Mopar Performance P4120231 cam with .484" lift, 284 duration, 108 lsa, installed at 106 intake centerline.
    460 h.p. @6000 rpm
    486 lbs. of torque @ 4,250 rpm

2. mopar_man

I'd use the magnum block. Better stock heads (if your not going aftermarket) and has a roller cam. Other than that you have a good plan. I would step up to forged Pistons if budget allows. 14 psi on cast Pistons is pushing the limits in my opinion.

3. Forearmracing

I differently plan to go with forged pistons since i see that as a week link.