1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

8.8 Rearend Build Help

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by got9lbs, May 4, 2009.

1. got9lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted a while back about welding 9in ends on my 2000 gt's 8.8 rearend and upgrading axles and differential. Well today I talked to DTS here in town and have come up with the latest build sheet tell me what you think for a twin turbo 4v street car with a tko 600 trans. Remember I only go to the track 3-4 times a year and spend most my time cruising around.

-2000 gt 8.8 rearend
    -33 spline strange axles setup for 9in ends w/ 3.5in arp studs
    -DTS cover
    -Eaton/Strange 33 spline unit
    -Mark williams 9in ends
    -Special brackets to reuse stock brakes
    -3.27:1 FRPP gear

Axle will stay the same width as my stock rearend, and keep the stock brakes, only downside is NO ABS. I don't think this will hurt me since I don't drive the car in the rain at all. What does you think? Thanks!

2. Turbo6Notch

sounds like plenty. did you weld the tubes where they go into the pumpkin?

3. got9lbs

yes the tubes have already been welded into the pumpkin years ago. I also talked to them today and we are going to weld braces on the tubes.