1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

79 malibu sb2 106mm on 275 radials (start to finish)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by lteone, Nov 3, 2009.

1. lteone

here is my build thread start to finish, i have been meaning to to put a thread over here for a while.

this was the car 2 years ago with a pretty simple 23* Small block with a pt88 and A2A intercooler. it went best of 9.09 @ 151 back then.

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

I decided to pull it apart at the end of 07 to have it painted, add down bars, motor and mid plates, and upgrade turbos..

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

coming back from back from paint in the spring of 08 and off to http://www.jakesperformancefabrication.com/ for the motor and mid plates.

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

And some whre in late 08 plans changed and gave in to peer pressure. :doh: decided to upgrade to 25.5 chassis

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

then came Forward facing turbo, Sb2.2 heads and stainless headers

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

dual fuel systems, alum downpipe and exhaust.

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

motor finally together and going in the car

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

finishing it up

finished first time at the track... but had some major bugs and had no runs

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

2nd time at the track.. off the trailer (no boost controller just the 10 lbs spring) 1/8 mile testing turbo seals went out.

and the next week 1st pass 5.73 @ 130 still on the wastegate spring

2nd pass

[​IMG]#ad

thats pretty much where im at now , I got the ams 1000 installed. When i tried to lunch the car with more boost 8.5lbs vs 3 - 4.5lbs, it broke both u joints. So we are pretty much done for the season, its getting cold and im out of money :bang: :bah:

2. 88MMrocket

this thing is badass!! :2thumbs: I love the video where the Mrs. screams :D I have one of my wife doing the same thing.

3. quick1320

That looks bada$$ :2thumbs: I like how you kept the back seat in the car looks good and fast good luck with it

4. Jake

Very nice build thread Scott!! Thanks for letting me be apart of such a cool project!

5. MARIO racing

very very nice work ,i like you car ,i hope my look like yours when i finish :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

6. Kid Turbine

Hey Scott its great to see you back running since you sold me your old setup. :2thumbs: Its sitting on top pf a 408 with 9.0:1 comp. with GT4788 :chacha: and a/w intercooler in my 92 notch. i will start a build over here as mines is on turbobuicks.com. Closing on a house thats why i been soon slow on the build but the house has a 40x60 shop so you know whats going to happen now. :welder:

7. KREED

That is a total package from bumper to bumper!! Looks and runs great! Believe me I know it is one bad mofo!!!

8. stock lx

man your car is sick as hell...very nice clean build...cant wait to see some new numbers next year

9. lteone

thanks guys

no thank you for all the help, instruction, and putting up with soggy vagina.

10. bentley429

Very nice car, nice fab work. Liking the stock seats too. Hauls the mail thats for sure :2thumbs:

11. KREED

Hey , Scott win can I come over so I can take a nap in that front seat! ha!ha!

12. pokerface

Looks sweet!! Love the seats...most dont keep them!! :bow:

13. CyanJaguar

this car is bad. love the car, the paint, the wheels, the tint, and of course the drivetrain lol.
    WOW

can I ask what specific color you used on the car?
    also, where is your radiator?

14. ksstang

I thought I have seen that car before! I live over in Lawrence (Kansas obviously.) Sharp looking car!!!!!

15. forcefed88coupe

WOW!!! :bow: Badass ride for sure!

16. turbofreek

this car gave me a reality check for real. one very sweet ride indeed and i cant wait to see a 4 from it. :angel:

17. mEr

I love this car, very cool :2thumbs:

18. lteone

thanks for the compliments!! the color is 03-04 cobra Dark shadow gray.

thanks boss man!! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE USE OF YOUR TURBO!!! :bow: :bow:

19. turbofreek

shoooshh, this is your time to enjoy all your hard work. :bow:

do you just sit in it at home making engine/turbo noises now waiting on next spring? i know i would be