1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

79 capri turbo mod plans

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Mandra, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Mandra

I just picked up an original 1979 2.3L turbo Capri.

Needles to say I need to do some mods before it will be an acceptable daily driver.

Now I know I want to convert over to blowthrough and get rid of the current drawthrough on there. I already have a nice intercooler too small for my TT393 but would be great for a 2.3 :)

I also have a WB02 and an EGT to help with tuning.

I know little about the 2.3L engines as I have always been a 5.0 and up guy.

Where can I get a new manifold for this thing?
    Is the stock carb blowthroughable? (with mods of course)
    Will the stock bottom end hold up to 250WHP? (my goal)
    Is the swap over to SVO electronics worth while?

Doing a google on this hasn't really brought me any good answers. Everything seems to start a build up with an SVO...

TIA

2. Mandra

Thanks looking at that site now.

I might still try some sort of blowthrough mod in the meantime.

3. NeedaTurbo

No, save your money and go blow-thru carb and spend the money on necessary things :tu: