1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

73 nova sbc 76mm turbo nitrous glide and a 9 in

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 73 nova, Dec 20, 2012.

1. 73 nova

Back in febuary this year i picked up another 73 nova that was in a little better shape than the other i had purchased. It cost me a 5.3 long block and a boat sitting in a friends yard. It had a 305 th350 in it. Trans started leaking had to rebuild the drum brakes on all 4 corners. Still need to do floor pans and some small interior bits. After the trans started pouring fluid i pulled the old engine and trans out.
    [​IMG]#ad

Put the new 355 and th350 i had over in the car during the spring. Put a plate kit on it and drove it most of the summer. the motor is a cast crank dish piston 355. 441 heads performer rpm proform 650 double pumper and a howards 220/23-@050 470/470 lift on a 110. Not even planning on changing the cam when i install the turbo.
    [​IMG]#ad

Once the car was to this point i drove it and started collecting parts again.
    Monoleafs/slidealinks $300
    9in 31 spline 3.08 gear with locker $100
    9in housing and axles 31 spline take out from my other nova
    76mm airresearch t6 flange turbo $150
    44mm wg ebay special used lightly from another member $35
    50mm bov ssautochrome $25
    tpi intake $100
    60lb injectors $300
    megasquirt ms2 $275 used from a different project
    efi harness $50 in misc supplies
    a-1000 fuel pump $125
    Aeromotive 13301 regulator $120 through work
    15x4 and 15x8 prostars $125
    26x8.5 mt slicks $60
    used n2o kit $50
    1/2 and 5/8 alum fuel line $40
    misc braided hose and fitting $150 with alot more to go.
    edis ignition $75

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. M&M Turbochargers

cool project!!!:2thumbs:

3. NOSLO86

I don't think you will need the nitrous.

4. 73 nova

Ive got incase i need it. The intercooler is gone since the pic was took. Like to see some 6's out of it next year when i go back to the track.

5. 73 nova

Scored a set of pro topline heads over the weekend and opened up my other 350 I yanked out of my blazer. Ill be using it for my bullet instead of the one in it. Its got just enough ring gap to live. Should be ordering bends vbands and a flange here soon.

6. Nice Chevelle

great start with the parts and car. Looks like you found some nice deals especially the turbo.

Subscribed.

7. stangwell

I looked at the car setting there and I notice that view and the style of house and I was like he has to live in fort-o or rosville ga. Im from there I moved away bout 12 years ago and miss it so bad. I used to drive to Brainerd optimist track and beat on my mustang that was my daily driver and break it and fix it for work by monday lol my buddys dad own a salvage yard luckily. If you need any fab work let me know my buddy lives not far from you and he will hook you up brother. cage, turbo pipes dont matter he can do it. I will give you his number and he lives in rosseville. His name is nick sossbee.

8. stangwell

6s will be easy. real easy to get.

9. 73 nova

Yea im in rossville. I know nick and sam. Ive got cage work subbed out when the time comes. Ive been at this house about 6 months. Got some more pics to upload. Traded for a 93 camaro this week and ill need my ms2 box for it. I modded it for the lt1 thats in the car. Its just a driver. Thatll let me get started on the rear suspension first and work my way forward.

Now on to some important stuff. Urethane or rubber bushings in front suspension. Its gonna cost about the same to go either way. Gonna order the sliders for the leafs this week as well. While im in there ill mini tub it and get it ready for a 315 radial. Brainerd is starting a 275 class and im thinking bout running in it. Gonna take 5.90s or better to win.

10. stangwell

i figure it take better than that according to nick. I may come up and see my folks and bring my car on a 275 night. Id love to come back and spank some ass down there cause I used to get mine handed to me. i figured shawn run 275 at Brainerd

11. 73 nova

They have 2 different classes. Street will be in that range I think. The 275 outlaww will take low 5s. Ordered 4 180 bends and vband stuff. Shawn is gonna run his car as well not sure what its gonna run yet. I work for the local speedshop so its helping get this car done on a budget. Rear end is getting stripped cleaned painted and disk brakes added. My old blazer motor is on the stand waiting on me to pull it apart and rebuild it going grenede style. Once I start changing stuff im not gonna stop til its done.

12. 73 nova

Started getting the 9in ready to go under the car. Wire wheeled it and gave the majority a coat of flat black. I still have to mount the caliper brackets. Using 95 camaro rotors and 80s gm calipers. Picked up spring sliders for the back of the leafs. Seems the springs are a little longer than what was on it. Rear shocks crossmember and frame connectors on order along with flex lines on the brakes. Front bushings and ball joints are here and go in next weekend.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  13. 73 nova

Well life set me back a little and made some big changes but not like i wanted. I sold the spare 350 i had and got a 383 lt1 in trade. I pulled the heads off and sent them to get ported. All forged with dish pistons. Still gonna use the megasquirt to control everything. I gutted the interior to start prepping for floor pans and lighter seats. I plan on boosting the lt1 and at 11.5 to 1 compression its gonna get interesting.