1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

6al with csu blow thru

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by lil_302, Jan 29, 2018.

1. lil_302

Ok car was a all motor 331 with Holley terminator efi kit, and 6al. Taking the Holley terminator efi kit off putting a csu blow thru 750 on and presicion 74mm turbo. Can I leave my 6al or do I need a special ignition?

2. tbird

6al will work for spark but you will loose timing control without the terminator. Highly recommend some way to control timing with boost. Like a msd btm or 6al2 programmable.

3. blown385

isnt the Terminator the same ecu as the HP ?

Why not run MPFI and CNP ?

4. lil_302

The terminator is
    The terminator is a throttle body inj limited to around 600ish hp

5. blown385

The The Terminator uses an ECU , correct ? ECU is not limited .

Im pretty sure its an HP ecu and can do everything the HP can do .

Down load V4 software and plug into the USB port .

You will need the harness but it will run MPFI and CNP and much , much more .

You are going back in time putting that CSU on your car .

Search Holley site for details .

You already have a very capable ECU

6. blown385

7. tbird

If you dont want to go to port injection and let holley do the fueling, you could still let it control ignition.
    Really though, it might be the same cost to get a bt carb, or get bungs installed and buy injectors.
    Unless you have reasons for getting away from the efi.

dreamr3488 likes this.