1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

67 Mustang Disc Brakes...

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by clusolynn, Sep 13, 2013.

1. clusolynn

Just found out today from a friend, 78 Camaro rotors and bearings will fit on 65-67 Mustang drum spindles. This would definitely be cheaper than the conversion kits offered. Also, a 75 Corvette master cylinder bolts in the Mustangs. Hope this helps someone save a little money, the Granadas are getting more difficult to find for parts, but there are a LOT of Camaros and new Camaro parts available.

2. slow8.0

what are you doing as far as calipers and brackets? The bolt pattern would be the big downfall, chevy rims on a classic mustang....

3. clusolynn

Use Metric calipers and make your own mounting brackets! The brackets just need to be a stout piece of steel that positions the caliper in the correct position. Keep in mind, I haven't actually done this conversion myself, this way. I have only done it with Granada spindles, where everything just bolts up, like factory. If you have specific questions regarding geometry and caliper bracket placement, I will ask my friend for exact measurements to post here, as he did it after checking the prices for a ready made kit. Let me know?