1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

.63 turbine, .60 comp, stock 5.0 - need advice ASAP!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by booksix, Nov 8, 2007.

1. booksix

Ok, I tried searching this but I'm in a bind and need to make a decision ASAP:

I got a messed up turbo order received two .63 turbine /.60 comp turbos in the mail. Before they send fedex to take them back, I am wondering, if I ended up using these on my stock 5.0, how would they perform? I want a lower rpm spool as I won't be winding the car up really high (probably will rarely see 5500 for now). Can someone give me some quick direction? thanks

2. Anthony Fury

YES THEY WILL BE FINE SEARCH THE DIY / JY FORUM THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF SUCCESSFUL TWIN 60/63 5.0 BUILDS.

3. Anthony Fury

There is no way to get an "address" to searches, which sucks, so put one together just like this (there are 2 whole pages of threads):

[​IMG]#ad

4. booksix

I know, but I already tried that and many other searches.... I'm just trying to figure out if it'll give me some lower rpm boost, quick, something like the base incon kit is said to...

I also know this should be in newbie tech but that forum is really slow and im in a major tme crunch with this issue... Sorry if I'm pissing anyone off, I was just hoping to get some direction before I had to deal with the fedex pick up and return/exchange garbage...

5. Daddy

Keep them then get a set of .48 housings from someone that's upgrading and put those on. You could sell the .63 housings if you wanted, but I'd just hold onto them until you decide you've maxed out the .48's.

Like Anthony said, there's plenty of successful .60/.63 stock 5.0 builds out there, in fact that's generally the preferred turbo.....well two of them that is. :D

6. booksix

wow, I totally didn't think of a swap! Thanks Daddy, I wish I had that kind of logic at times !! :bang: anyway, I'll roll with this and see... Sorry again for posting this stupid question, here especially... But really, i tried searching!!

7. Anthony Fury

FWIW, it will be hard to beat an Incon setup in spool-up time (and remain efficient up top). But, as you'll learn, efficiency trumps "spool-up time," every time.

8. booksix

i know, but that was the only example i had....