1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

62 valiant getting a power plant upgrade

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by turbo toad, Oct 17, 2014.

1. turbo toad

Ok guys and gals my 62 valiant which was a e85 slant running a pte6262 is getting a new motor and I could us some help making a couple decision before I get to far into thisHeres my plans and goals im looking to set up a low boost 7-10 500 cid low deck big block running indy 440-1 heads with a hp goal of 800 rwhp
    The valiant has has the frames tied and a tubluar radiator support and as of now a 4 point roll bar,the rear spring are moved inboard 3 inches and im running q caltrac setup.8 3/4 rear with 2.94 gear ratio.
    Fuel system in place right now aeromotive a1000 with a mallary 4309 regulator running 10an supply and return line. I have meth injection all wired up but never felt the need to run it with the old setup. The car wieghed in with me in it 3025 pounds.
    I need some help picking a affordable yet stout stroker assembly that can live thru the abuse im going to put it thru.
    Also whats a good cam for my hp goals?
    Any and all help is always appreciated

2. turbo toad

Also the block will have arp studs and a main griddle and probably get a 1/2 fill of block fill.

3. turbo toad

Couple more things I wanted to add that the car already has in place
    msd 6530,ams 500 with co2,co2 crutch assistance for my next e85 blow thru carb.

4. turbo toad

Thinking about using this billet roller cam found it on moparts

8305486-cam001.jpg #ad

5. H.P.Ranch

Would you consider an LS? ....... Don't hit me just thought I'd ask, fast for cheap.

6. turbo toad

Dude i just fell out of my chair I've been messing with MOPARS since 1986 when I bought my first big block car at the age of 14

7. H.P.Ranch

Just trying to reach across the isle. I've got a mopar friend he feels the same way. Varity is the spice of life.