1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

IAT sensor wit AEM

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by ronlp, Jul 8, 2004.

1. ronlp

I should check the AEM forum for this but.....

First of all, I'm assuming the AEM uses the air temp sensor, correct?

In switching to speed density, I'm removing all of the intake tubing in front of the turbo and running a filter right on the inlet. But the sensor is located in that tubing and will need a new home. Should I have a bung welded in the charge pipe that goes to the throttle body? Leave it dangle in the inner fender?:p

2. Trentk

of course it uses it. comes in handy for datalogging. i would put it on the intake pipe. i moved mine there.

3. ronlp

Just curious about that because I've been told that it doesn't use the factory O2 sensors. Not that they are at all related, but........

Anyway, thx, I'll have a bung welded in the pipe before the TB.

Jeez, lotsa bung insertion going on these days. That makes three bungs I have to have installed. :eek:

4. Trentk

The AEM is designed to bolt into a 1000000% stock car and run just like a stock ECU. Most people choose to run a single or dual wideband o2 for tuning reasons.

On my setup the AEM never really references the IAT to make changes to timing or fueling, it is mainly just a tuning device for me.

good luck.

5. 2FASTGT

What exactly does IAT stand for? I assume that is GM terminology? I don't recall that being on the list of EEC IV sensors.

6. Trentk

Intake Air Temperature, I think all modern fuel injected cars have one.