1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

60lb high imp. injector/tune question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by PEARL MUSSIN, Jun 16, 2004.

1. PEARL MUSSIN

I just got off the phone with Todd (mustangboy94) he went to Pauls Automotive in Cincinnatti to get his car tuned. He said he was there for like 3hrs and they couldnt do shit to it! It runs SUPER rich... They insisted he run stock rail pressure (38-39psi). Does that sound right with such a large injector??? I remember hearing some guys with 50's only running 25psi rail pressure.... I have the high imp. 60's also... What do you guys think? They also said they needed the Pro-m flow sheet. When I got my car tuned they didnt need that.. I hope these 60 arent going to be a PITA or maybe Pauls just dosent know what the hell they are doing. Whats your guys input?

Jeremy

2. my8950

I wouldn't run less then 35psi rail pressure on any injector. If you go too low, I think you will have lazy injector opening times and crumby atomization. You are already using a high impedance 60# injector which in my book is way outta line...I think anything over a 42# injector should be low impedance to work properly and give what you are asking out of it...

3. frcfed347

i agree on the whole rail press. thing. it should be more than 35psi. as far as tuning goes, i have a 03 gt with a kenne bell on it and i had a set of 60's (all black in a small casing) so i put them on the car just to see how it worked. the car made a little over 400 but it did run rich. i think if the car had a built motor and i can actually boost those injectors would work great.

4. mustangboy94

the car was running at 12 to 13 a/f at idle and 17.5 at 4500 the car was so rich it wouldnt stay running idle really bad. so the tuner is sayin the prom is not cal right so i get on the phone to prom (after sitting on the dyno for 2hours and not doing a dam thing but still got charged for it ) they say that they need to put the 32 point cruve into the chip(Is this Right) but prom need my flow sheet that was at home some i called home and had them give it to prom so he could make this 32 point chart. and fax it to us. they say that the car will start and idle fine with this into the chip if not then its the mass air. so i go back to pauls(after i had the car loaded up and started to head home) a hour later the fax comes he puts all the x's and y's vuales in and we give it a try and it starts up. but its still loading with fuel after the first start so he takes out crack fuel out of the chip until we get it to start with out hitting the gas and thats how the car sits now.

the mods are car is run on 103 unleaded fuel
    347 10.5-1
    canfield avangers stage 2 ported
    tfs-r 75 93 acufab
    1 3/4 headers 2 1/2 back
    novi 2000 10psi with afm power pipe
    pro m 80 with 60s
    c4 9.5 stall 4300

car was the same last year but for the 60s and the power pipe ,and a aod 3200 stall
    it made 508rwhp with 30s in it

5. rl-

I sent you a PM Jeremy. It wont be a problem at all for us to tune it. I WOULD however go with a smaller tham 60lb pro-m calibration. a 60lb calibration would have NO resolution down low.

Leave rail pressure at 39psi. We dont need a flow sheet.

6. my8950

It would help to have the MAF curve, probably a lot...It comes with every meter new, they also have a somewhat of a default curve available on their site I think. Is the meter calibrated to 60#/hr injectors? If not, and you are using a meter cal'd for 30's, then hell yeah its gonna run rich...

7. mustangboy94

i got the sheet and its cal for the 60s.yah i had prom make me a nurve and they faxed it to us off of my flow sheet

8. papis408w

Thats a pretty high comp ratio to be using a Novi 2000 w/ 10 lbs boost. Make sure you have that race fuel in at all times!!:p

9. Injector Dude

Just an FYI on the Hi 60's.....they can be a pain in the butt initially. All the tuners I have sent them to cussed them at first, but all of them have ended up buying more. The are much richer than the 55's down low, but they can be tuned for very good driveability.

I have sold over 40 sets of these and have only had one person send them back because there tuner couldnt get them right. Most of these have ended up in 03/04 Cobras and Lightnings.

10. pwrhws

What software were they using to tune with?

11. Injector Dude

Both SCT and Diablo.