1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

52 Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by foxstanggt, Sep 4, 2014.

1. foxstanggt

Cant wait to get back into a turbo car(or truck i guess this time). I'm not sure what to call this, its going to be rat rod-ish but wont fit the traditional rat rod definition.

Right now there are only rough ideas of where I want this to go... 5.3L from a newer Silverado Blow-thru carb s400 75mm 5 speed Suspension is still yet to be decided, but looking at 8.8 rear and mustang 2 front, but we'll see. Definitely going for road driven, road course oriented here. Want to get something upgradable later down the road and I remember all the parts for the mustang 8.8 from my Fox Turbo days. There will most definitely be body and frame modifications going to happen, probably going to section it...maybe a chop. Frame needs to be beefed up, roll bar and just general frame/body stiffening. However, there wont be new paint...lol

So, turned out the original 46 Chevy truck we were going to pick up didnt have a title... so we continued on looking and ended up finding a guy about 3.5hrs away with half a dozen trucks. Went down there yesterday and brought one back, a 1952 Chevy truck.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. pavementpounder

Re: 46 Chevy Truck

looks like fun

3. ryans88gt

Cool. Post some pics

4. Smart Turbo

any pics?

5. foxstanggt

Sorry guys, things fell through with the original truck and we ended up picking up a 52 this weekend.

6. BlownShovel

Changing everything but the patina :popcorn:

Title updated as well

7. foxstanggt

Thanks, yea, tired of worrying about keeping it nice...lol.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014