1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

5.69 @ 120, twin turbo 5.3 Mustang

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by Josh Kinzey, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Josh Kinzey

Ran a new best a couple days ago in my 93 Mustang. It's a street car, AC, 3225 lbs, 2.73 rear gear, power windows, etc...

The set up is:
    93 coupe
    5.3 LS, stock hard parts, gen 3 stuff from an 03 Avalanche
    stock 799 heads
    TH400
    2.73 rear gear
    305-45-17 ET street R radials
    Twin GT2871R turbos
    10 PSI on the launch, 22 PSI down track

Here's a slip and a dragy video.

image0(1).jpeg

87turbonotch, dr.art, Russell and 2 others like this.
  2. Disney Lincoln

That's amazing! What a great combo you stumbled into. Who'da thunk it?

Josh Kinzey likes this.
  3. Josh Kinzey

I don't know that stumbling into a turbo 5.3 in a fox counts for anything, lol. The little turbo's do seem to keep on giving though.

B E N and Russell like this.
  4. Disney Lincoln

Yeah, it's the little turbos that I was referring to. 99% of people would tell you it won't work. You've proven it will.

5. Mnlx

I cant't believe the gen 3 rods are still straight, you must have the boost/ign curve just right.

6. Josh Kinzey

It’s more luck than anything I’m doing on purpose. I’d love to take credit for it, but I’m just not knowledgeable enough to claim the longevity as mine, lol.

Russell likes this.
  7. Josh Kinzey

You’re 100% right about people saying it wouldn’t work. I had thousands of people on Facebook and YouTube tell me it wouldn’t work when I doing the video series on the build. As soon as it worked, not ONE of the nay-sayers came back and apologized or gave congratulations. Literally, not a SINGLE person owned up to being wrong. Sad statement about the common populace that makes...

B E N and Disney Lincoln like this.