1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

'07 Escalade 6.0 Strength

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by 66MONEY-PIT, Jun 5, 2008.

1. 66MONEY-PIT

What kind of power can this motor hold? I am looking at boosting one up and want to now what my breaking point would be. Are these engine prone to any kind of "problems" that should be addressed, it is a pull out with about 30k on it.

Thanks,

Gunnar

2. Lason

The block is a great foundation capable of handling over 1000hp with a good tune, the L92 heads are the current OEM big dogs that everyone wants. They flow great straight from the factory. The crank can probably hold about as much as the block but the pistons, rods and rod bolts are going to be the biggest drawbacks. Limit it to around 550rwhp and your good. Throw in some eagle rods and diamond pistons and then you can turn up the wick safely.

3. nastyford77

We have been seeing a lot of problems with these engines. Mainly dropping valves, or lifters spinning and eating the cam up. put a good set of retainers, locks, lifters and a cam and you should be good to go.

4. NemeSS

your escalade may be equipped with l92 heads and 90mm tb and intake,
    what are the casting numbers on the flat pad near the valve cover rail on the top corner of the head?
    usually 3 digit, but newer heads are receiving 4 digits
    550rwhp is common for stock pistons and proper tune, 60 lb. inj.,
    upgrading the valve springs is recommended with psi motors

5. 66MONEY-PIT

Thanks for the imput guys, it's good to know what I working with. Is it possible to just upgrade the rod bolts and stud it to increase strength and if so how much would that help? I'll look up those 3 numbers as soon as I can.

Thanks again,

Gunnar

6. 95silverstallion

Is this in a Escalade or just a motor out of one?

7. Lil Big Mec

Says it's a pull out with 30k on it.

8. 95silverstallion

Dman. I guess i'm blind :doh:

9. 2fnfast

awsome block...

add some forged pistons rods and seom strong bolts..many have taken well over 1000 hp all season long..with stock crank