1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How much power can 04 Aviator block hold?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by stlhrse, Mar 17, 2015.

1. stlhrse

I'm looking at building a new motor. I don't have an open ended budget, but I want good stuff. I'm looking to eventually make around 1000HP, with a big single or smaller twins. I have a 2002 Mustang GT 2V, but was looking at upgrading to 4V for more power without aftermarket heads. I can get a high mileage 04 Aviator motor on e-bay for around $1500 - $2000. I know the teksid blocks are strongest aluminum, but there very broad opinions about how much the WAP block can handle in the Aviator. I could use my factory block if I had to, but then it kind of seems like a waste to buy a whole Aviator motor, and only use heads and intake. Then I'd probably have to have new guides and seats put in them too.

Please advise
    Doug

2. 99TTGT

for 1000rwhp
    you need a forge short block
    that said,the aviator heads,cams & intake will help you get there

3. stlhrse

Does the Aviator motor use the WAP block, and will it handle 1000 hp, like the teksid, as long as it has forged internals?

Doug

4. stlhrse

I'm sure the WAP can't handle as much power as the Teksid, but would it handle 1000 HP with forged components?

5. 99TTGT

no as reliable as the other blocks ...