1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4th Gen Camaro 5.3/80e Turbo Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 01ssreda4, Sep 4, 2017.

1. 01ssreda4

Quick pic of the fuel pump wiring. All the way to the left is a fuse and relay for the trans cooler fan, that's been there. I add the two fuse holders to the right. I also mounted the fuel pressure regulator and am currently waiting on a couple more fittings and that will be 100% complete.

[​IMG]#ad

I went and purchased 16.5 gallons on e85 an put some in the tank so I could flush the lines before i do the final hook up to the rail. I didnt get a chance to test the E content but will. Random pic of trans fluid.

[​IMG]#ad

I initially started working on the fan wiring. While reversing polarity on the wires I thought, if the fans are on the front, will this wiring even fit? So I decided to stop, and test fit the radiator, fans, and wiring. Huron speed confirmed this kit will work with the radiator in the stock position, and mid last week i ordered an LT1 radiator cover. On initial fit I could tell clearance to the turbo was gonna be shit, and the stock fans flipped to the front weren't even gonna be close to working, the fan motors were pointed right at the upper radiator support. So i thought im either going to order slimline fans and fab a shroud, or cut the upper support. So I got out the cut off wheels. This is a pic of a previously cut lower support. I cut the entire center section out a year or two ago for weight savings.

[​IMG]#ad

Here's a close up of the lower radiator support. You can see its three full sheets of metal in a triangle. The original piece I cut out of the car was like 6 pounds.

[​IMG]#ad

So just cut those babies off, or the whole thing if you still have it.

[​IMG]#ad

Throw these in the bushes.

[​IMG]#ad

Couple pieces of flat bar, 2 90 degree bends later we have brackets. The drivers side has a flat square rubber bushing and the passenger side has a thick round bushing. They are different thicknesses which is why you can see the height difference in the mounts. Also, this mounts the radiator completely straight up and down with no slant, and approx 2 inches lower then stock. The upper support has to be trimmed in from the rear a full 2 inches. Im not sure if Im going to run the factory plastic air dam anymore, have to see once its all together.

[​IMG]#ad

There she is in place. After I figure our what Im going to do with the top and I get the radiator exactly where i want it, I believe Im going to go back and add some triangle gussets to the brackets.

[​IMG]#ad

Had to tape it because Im not sure what I'm going to do to the top......and I ran out of daylight. As a sidenote there is tons of room for a turbo now......and even, maybe a bigger turbo down the road (insert evil grin). Quickly fit the fans, wow they almost bolt up with no modification.....and the wiring is going to reach.

[​IMG]#ad