1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2013 Mustang 3.7 rebuild

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Kerrdogg, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Kerrdogg

Well after the meth pump and then engine failure I pulled the car apart and made a ton of changes, engine is awaiting Manley pistons (rods and other knick knacks are already here) and then we go for 2.0.

Car will be run on e85, no more meth, larger intercooler (a problem before) and lots of changes to insure safer higher power levels, also switching to a Circle D convertor and dumped the stick for a fully built 6R80 auto.

Here's the intake we came up with, lower is fully ported as well. It's been a while since updates but have just been collecting parts...

Last pic is the old setup, made an easy 450 rwhp, shooting for a little more than that this time.

P1010001.JPG #ad

P1010003.JPG #ad

P1010010.jpg #ad

2. mustang-junky

Subing.

Jess

3. bgjohnson

*sniff sniff* what's that smell.... 9's??

4. jaredsamurai

5. SVO Jack

Sweet build! Do you have a thread on the previous build?

6. Kerrdogg

Yes, there was one here, search 3.7, there's a build on allfordmustangs.com called "Turbo time' and video on you tube under race part solutions and Kerrdogg6. Look below, similar threads.

7. Kerrdogg

So reading back through this I realize I never updated what happened to the old 3.7 build. After the engine meltdown and waiting forever for the built engine I parted the turbo kit, sold the engine build and put a stock engine in the car and sold it. My buddy Chris (LandtoSea) became the new owner and with a stock engine ran into the mid 10's @ 132 or so mph with the sheet metal intake and a liquid intercooler. The built engine was installed, turbo upgraded, and the packaged dynoed at 720 rwhp. Before testing could be finalized the timing chain idler came apart and bent all the intake valves. The car sat for many years and is currently at my location getting put back to stock. It was a heck of a ride, the package is a proven 9 second engine when it's problems are addressed. I would like to build another one someday but my many projects will have to be completed first...