1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

460'' bb ford 7-800 hp injector size???

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 4difyd, Feb 1, 2014.

1. 4difyd

I need to know if 80# injectors will get the job done.i will not be pushing this motor past 6000rpm or 800 hp.
    460 stock 3.85 stroke edelbrock heads,forged rods and pistons 8:1-88:1 c/r.i will be using a holley universal efi kit with there 12-890 pump,the pump is rated 950 hp for efi.an 8 through out the fi system.

2. pavementpounder

I would think that would be enough.
    When I had a Paxton sc at 8 psi boost I made close to 650 hp with 44pph injectors completley maxed out on my 496.
    I to wil step up to 80pph injectors.

3. Mnlx

80's will get you to 800 fwhp, and have a small amount to spare at 80% dc with gas. Also make sure the pump will supply enough at the given fuel pressure...... ratings can be deceiving.

4. 4difyd

thanks for the advice.im new to fuel injection and don't know what brand of injector to look at.is there a couple good brands anybody would prefer??
    I will most likely go to the next size up from 80# just incase 800 hp isn't enough.:)