1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Advancing cam, 3600 stall converter.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TheRedWedge94, Sep 21, 2022.

1. TheRedWedge94

Im wondering if I should spend the extra money on a cam with some built in advance in order to increase drivability. I have read a 3600 stall turbo converter behaves like driving in mud from a dead stop however it is tight when the car gets moving.

Generally should does cam advance help with turbo spooling and will I feel a difference with a 3600 stall ?

2. Mnlx

Spec the cam for the intended rpm range, usage, and the turbo/hot side choice. Cheap converters can be very loose, but a quality converter will drive quite nice.

3. TheRedWedge94

I have a cam picked out, I really like its stats and fits what I am going to do with it. I dont want to miss out on anything that would have helped me before its too late and the engine is done and dropped into the car. I know some cheep converters have a lot of space to make them stall high. The converter I am getting is made by FTI, forward pitch fins s with a 14 blade stator, so it should be very tight and nice for a daily.