1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4 cyl oil pressure.

Discussion in 'Turbo Sport Compact, 4-6 Cylinder and Import Turbo Tech' started by Turbohwagon, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Turbohwagon

So i have this daytona 2.2 turbo intercooled (Converted roller cam), and i'm putting an oil pump in it tomarrow because the turbo went out and dumped a bunch of metal into the oil pan, and i suspect it may have damaged the pump gears (Also checking bearings for damage). Since then the gauge on the dash says 0 oil pressure after running down the freeway, i already put a mechanical gauge on it and it said 4 PSI when the needle hit "0", however the oil warning light doesn't illuminate. At 3000 rpm it puts out about 40-45 psi, and it doesn't increase with rpm beyond that.

Specs;
    Hot idle = 4psi
    3000rpm = 25-90 psi

Now i know the car is within specifications right now, but doesn't that seem rediculously low to anyone else??? The new pump i picked up has a cotter pin holding in the end cap for the relief valve and a dime fits in the hole, i was thinking about putting 2-3 dimes between the pin and the cap to hopefully up the pressure a little. Any thoughts?