1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4.6 swap into my fox chassis,

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by escrat1, Sep 21, 2017.

1. escrat1

I have a little project car going on that I used a fox chassis and my question is as follows, I have a running driving 99 mustang gt 5 spd vert, I want to swap it over to the fox chassis, I know arms are longer, can the entire k frame engine and my arms from fox k frame bolt up, I see aftermarket k frames fit 79-04 mustang that kinda leads me to believe the k frame with the 4.6 and 5 spd setup can be swapped am I wrong ,or is this a go ?

2. 92LX-5.8

I don't think the modular oil pan fits a fox kmember. You would have to swap the 99 kmember into the fox and then change the a-arms to the correct length. If you want to stay 4 lug you could put the a-arms from the foxbody on it. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. ashford

the rear most bolts on the k-member are located about 3/4 inch different, other than that it is a direct bolt. the edge chassis the k-member is extended rearward that difference.