1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4.6 2v megasquirt tune

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Shauncb, May 29, 2021.

1. Shauncb

Hello all, new here but not to the fun side of cars, long story short, car started as a 2.3 carb turbo. Then svo swap using megasquirt and now on to a 4.6 2v with a megasquirt.

I'm just now finished with the install of the 2v 4.6 and trying to get the megasquirt to run it. I'm using a ms2 v2.2 system running an edis8 module and 2 coil packs.

Does anyone have a tune to get this thing to start and run? All I can get if to do it fight back against the starter, I've adjusted cranking timing from -5 all the way to 20 advanced and still does the same thing. I'm just trying to get the engine to run before I turbo it, the engine is a 4.6 out of a 96 mustang, has pi head swap and comp xe274 cams, other than that it's stock.

What am I doing wrong? Any information would be appreciated.

Feel free to text or call me

8 three 0 7 zero 3 6909.

Thanks all.

2. Disney Lincoln

Crank OK with the ignition disabled?

3. Shauncb

Yes it spins around 230 rpm according to the squirt.

4. Shauncb

Yes, shows about 230 rpm when cranking.