1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4.10 too much gear with 28" tires for a turbo setup?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by ricky, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ricky

are 4.10 gears going to be too much gear for a turbo setup running 28" tall tires?

trans is a magnum six speed ,with a gear spread of
    2.97/2.07/1.43/1.00/.74/.50

stuck between having too lil gear with these tires to really run it na..and it being too much gear to run turbo..lol

2. Turbo-Box

Way too much gear for a turbo.

3. Mike86Stang

Agreed.. I have 4.10's, and it's just a spin-fest. Not to mention I don't even get full boost till 4th gear.

4. Jeremy

Yup, if it was an auto or 5 speed stock gears all day long, since its a 6 seed 3.55 would be a good choice, that what I run with my 6.

5. ricky

figured it would be too much,but thought i would ask anyway..originally put the setup together to run na with this 331,etc..should have went with 4.30s from what i have seen

and was thinking the 10.3 comp ratio would be too much for a turbo setup,been re thinking that..and since i had too lil gear for it as it sits,thought maybe i would be able to make do with going ahead and putting the kit on like it is..

oh well,i'll run it like it is for now, try to get it all lined out..then up the injs and put the kit on,and get some 3.55s i already have installed..thanks everyone