1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

3rd gen kit on 4th gen ?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TheRedWedge94, Nov 15, 2023.

1. TheRedWedge94

I have found a kit made by CX racing for the third gen firebirds, does anyone know how well this would fit in a 4th gen lt1 firebird ? From my understanding the cars are basically the same underneath. The kit looks of some nice quality and I dont see anyone making turbo kits at all for the lt1. Now I dont expect the intercooler piping to be spot on to fit a fourth gen but the exhaust side should be fine right ? Thanks !

2. B E N

If you are looking for longevity I would find something different than import stainless.

https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/why-not-to-use-cheap-304-stainless.336842/

If I were doing an LT1, and wasn't trying to make 800+hp I would buy a set of cast turbo manifolds, they aren't really all that expensive and the longevity will be excellent, heat retention is good, should never be a failure point.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    SpeedyBuick, TheRedWedge94 and Pro-SC like this.
  3. jaydubb

It won't fit properly without modifications

TheRedWedge94 likes this.
  4. TheRedWedge94

I did more reading and I think you also helped me realize the difference in cost of headers and other exhaust piping. I honestly just thought stainless steel was stainless steel but I didnt consider different quality in piping if the welds just looked nice. If you honestly just recommend cast turbo manifolds then the stock manifolds should be more than perfect. Thanks.

5. TheRedWedge94

Oh of course, definitely a battery relocation at the minimum.

TurboSnake281 likes this.