1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

383, unhappy with new setup, thinking about a/r change

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by actmobmar, Aug 25, 2020.

1. actmobmar

So I changed up my engine combination, went from brodix track 1(250 cfm @600) to brodix Dragonslayer (305 cfm @ 600), changed turbos (CX racing gt 35, t3 exhaust housing . 63 at) to vs racing ball bearing 62's, t4 housing, .84 ar). Torque converter has been changed also, went from a 3500 stall 9.5", to a 3500 stall 10". Car used to be able to build 5 psi on the footbrake with the old combination, new combination has no boost on the footbrake. I also have a transbrake, and have been trying to figure out launch rpm, currently at 3800, but it has no boost. If I remove the rpm limit on the brake it's seems that it's all in (10 psi setting) by 4200, and converter will go up to 4600. So I'm debating on going with different exhaust housings (drop to 72 ar), or go back to a 9.5" converter. Any suggestions? Also these are twins. Thanks!!

2. tbird

If you need the rpm on the brake to build boost than use it.
    Going down in a/r is going to be minimal change and will possibly hurt power potential.

B E N and actmobmar like this.
  3. B E N

Did you increase down pipe size to match the larger turbo?

4. actmobmar

It actually stayed the same from the gt35 setup, 3"

5. patl

No offence, but what did it do when you let go at 4200?