1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Has anyone maxed out their Fitech efi8 power adder kit yet?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Black98s10, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Black98s10

I have read about people doing the duel feeds and looking for bigger injectors, but there's no real updates. Did the duel feeds really raise the hp capabilities? Did anyone find injectors that actually works? I'd like to hear, from people that have maxed out and what their motor setup is and hp #'s.

2. joeleodee

In for responses.

I'm over here and I'll be pretty close. Not because I'll be running anything close to 1200hp, but because I'll be running e85.

3. Black98s10

Yeah, I'd like to run e85 also. Supposedly, a guy in a Facebook group, is pushing his setup to 1200hp on e85. I've been trying to do a search for the build. No luck though.

4. joeleodee

To do that, he would have had to upgraded the injectors to like a 100lbs flow rate or so. If he says he didn't have to, he's lying about his power output.

5. Black98s10

I wonder what size injectors are in the stock throttle body.

6. joeleodee

The Go Efi 1200hp has 8 80lbs injectors

7. Silverbulletman

I'm starting to wonder about the statement 25 pound boost ready.....as I have tapped 22 pounds already. That being said I'm wondering how much more my bottomed will take.

8. Black98s10

That is quite a bit of boost.

9. Black98s10

Silverbulletman, how much did your car dyno at, and what boost?

10. Silverbulletman

Black98s10 I have never dynoed my car....that being said I wouldn't mind since my son has bragging rights at 680 with his 13 mustang 5.0

11. joeleodee

I calculated your hp based on your mph. I estimated about 3500lbs with driver. Is that close? Anyway, came up with 850whp. That's pushing 1000chp if I was close with the weight.

12. Silverbulletman

I figured at 3340 with me to b around 897

13. Black98s10

14. joeleodee

15. Silverbulletman

I talked to them today , we discussed this 25 pound limit , here is am thinking it's the internal reg possibly when it is the actual map sensor that is limiting boost lol.

16. Black98s10

You remember what thread it was that plug swap was discussed?

As far as fuel, I'd like to use e85. I really don't have a hp goal on this motor/turbo. If the truck runs 9's, I'm happy.

17. Silverbulletman

So now I'm also wondering can the internal 2.5 bar map sensor b upgraded along with the injectors????? Anybody figure out what the 02 sensor is in this thing for oem ? I wouldn't mind having a spare.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  18. punched 281

I just ordered my system. I'm also curious about another map. if the map is for spark, and you (well I am) using an msd box then why not get a bigger map. Unless the ssystem uses the map sensor for something else.

also anything new on doing a dual feed to the throttle body?

I don't think I'll max it out by any means with my current setup, but nice to know if there is room to grow. I'm hoping for around 700 on 20psi with a 2v 4.6 s475 through a 4r70. just want low 10s on this motor

19. joeleodee

Bosch 17014

I heard somewhere that the sensor is a readily available sensor for a Volkswagen. I know my Innovate LC1 wideband sensor on my other vehicle is a VW sensor. So, on a hunch, I took the sensor out of that to compare against the one that Fitech provides. Wouldn't you know, same exact connection. Only difference is the VW sensor has maybe about a 6" longer wiring harness cord. Otherwise, the Fitech provided sensor plugs right into my Innovate CPU. Since I have 2 vehicles that use the same sensor, I'll keep a spare on hand also.

When you go to the local auto parts store, tell them you need the Bosch o2 sensor part # 17014. I know it's the upstream sensor on a 2001 VW Jetta VR6 2.8ltr, among others. I've had to change it out a few times before I took over tuning it myself since my tuner kept commanding over-rich AFRs and burning sensors out. We won't get into that. Nevertheless, I've never had a problem finding a local store with this sensor in stock.

I've been in correspondence with Jason at Fitech about routing my surge tank and he said it's fine to dual feed the throttle body. I'll be using a y-block to split my fuel feed line into the 2 rear inlet ports.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  20. 93weezer

I use all 3 inlet's to fuel my throttle body, with the return plugged. So far I've been 10.1 at 134 (speed good for 9.8-9.9) on just 13lbs boost. But spun rod bearing (clearances to tight) be back next year shooting for 8'sale.
    93weezer