1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. DZ Fool

I am trying to find dish pistons that are forged for a 3.48 stroke, 6" rod motor. I currently have ross flattops with Track 1 heads. I am figuring anound 10/4 to 1 is what I have currently.

The grand plan is a 377 Blow thru, S400,solid roller making 800 RWP

Thanks Dan

2. Robert1320

SRP, JE, Diamond, BRC

3. DZ Fool

The only one from those Mfgs. that makes one is SRP. However it is Hyper you wreckdit not forged

4. blown385

You might have more options with a 5.7 rod . Just a thought , but obviously you already have the 6" .

How much are custom pistons from JE ? Wont they make any piston you want ?

5. Robert1320

I am WD for BRC's call before 10am and ship the following day...........
    Those can be made in no time and cheaper than custom pistons and
    No need for extra due to very little lead.
    I no long have to wait 6 weeks for JE's or diamond.

6. CADDYMAN

BRC....one of the best kept "secrets" in racing.....
    I have used their pistons over 25yrs.

Great stuff. Great prices....escpecially compared to some other "big name" companies.

7. Swiftshifter

A few years ago when I was thinkin' Vortech YS-trim for the 406, I sent in the "Custom Order" form to JE and spec'd: " 4.155" bore, 3.75" stroke, 6" rod, 8.5:1, 1/16" ring pack, able to take 1K hp+" and what I got back from JE was an estimate of $1120. I just about shit out a gold spoon, :drop: :drop: :drop:it was kinda' shocking. Just an idea of the cost of "Custom Pistons", from JE. I have no doubt that the pistons woulda' been the sheeyaat, but that's beside the point.
    On another note I've heard nothing but good things about BRC and juuuust missed a set of turbo-friendly units, N.I.B. for a 4.030" bore SBC on Ebay.... one bid took 'em for $50. Yup, :doh:pissed off that day. Good luck!

---==Temio Williams
    Yuba City, CA

8. TTAWD

JE part# 170818 will make you a 377 if you use a 6.125 rod.