1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Is the store down for BG Turbo kits?

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by skip, Sep 23, 2012.

1. skip

I wanted to get some prices on stuff and needed to check some stuff and when I went to the BG Turbo site and click on the store nothing pops up. Is it me on my end or is it something wrong with there site?

2. bionic_chronik

The site is down for maintenance

3. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Hi,
    Yep it is down, we should have it back up shortly.
    fingers crossed for this week.

4. skip

Maybe I just hit it at a bad time again but it's down again. Good luck if your having problems!!!

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

Don't waste your time with them unless you wait for a year to get what you pay for.

6. bluchev

Some guy just posted up on the bullet that he paid for a kit 7 months ago and hasnt received it yet.

Keep your money.

7. schmuckingham

That was me LOL

8. skip

Thank you. I'm surprised this is number 2 with a complaint about a sponsor or someone helping with this site like this.

9. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Right now we are 20-22 weeks behind on hotsides. Everything else is usually in stock from turbos to bovs wastegates and intercoolers.

Slander much?

10. PrecisionTurboMustang

Slander, lol. Sue me. Maybe if you dropped by here, i dunno, once a month or so I would have a different opinion.

11. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Maybe if you was factual you wouldnt come off as such a ass.

12. PrecisionTurboMustang

You should get into another line of work if you can't even manage to handle such simple tasks as answering the phone.

13. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Why I make great money doing what I am doing, we are a small shop and thats that simple. The days of 9 people working are long gone with the shitty eco, and when it does recover we will be able to go right back to it, in the mean time we try the best we can.

14. PrecisionTurboMustang

Shit, atleast you're honest. So as one of the guys who has gone to bat for you over the years how can I help you when someone says they have been calling for weeks

15. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Just tell them to email. Or even pm on here. They can always call and leave a message, Im behind right now on calling people back but Im hoping by friday to have my back log down and then Im going to try to handle the emails.

I get notices from here if someone pm's me and I havent had a pm since sometime in September, until i signed in yesterday, then i got a few from people that just wanted to say hi since i havent been around awhile. My Pm's on here really slowed down back in Feb, and I just kinda faded away. This place was really slow and I just got complacent/lax. If I didnt get a notice of a pm when i logged in or if someone didnt call and say hey check out tm I just didnt come in and dig around much. Since I cant search for just B&G anymore, I cant do my old routine of searching recent B&G threads, so it makes it hard to even stay up on customers stuff unless I go forum to forum and thread to thread. Which as I said before I dont really have alot of free time so it just kinda to be honest.... sucks.
    But we will get better, I think the eco will turn around shortly and if it doesnt I have other things going on so I still should be able to bring some help in soon after new year. In the mean time I just want to thank you guys for standing up for me, I know its fustrating cause I'm like the friend who seems to be the one that never endingly starts the fight at the bar and you guys cover. I appreciate it more then you guys will ever know.

16. mcj50

Hope things are ok out there Brian...

I have always been one helping in the bar fight...

17. ducatibrian

We are there to cover for you if needed, but even we need to know when to sometimes.
    Always good in my book...

18. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Thank you guys. I appreciate it very much.

19. BoostedBadBoy

Brian,

Relax, your still good with us. I can understand the frustration from both sides of the coin. Sometimes shit just happens and its out of our control and when it rains it pours. And Ken switching the program over didn't go as smoothly as planned here, and it does take a second to get use to. But he's done a great job catching things back up, and getting it to work. I think most of us need a second to get everything figured out over here.
    From what I've seen you always been a hell of a stand up business man, and a friend to quite a few here and a corner stone for information here. Just try to get on more from time to time even if its just to say hi. Your products have always been great and CS until recently have been next to none. I've only ever heard a few problems and you fixed them all right away and made the customer happy. I understand what your saying the days of 9 guys in a shop isn't kickin right now, but even if you have to get apprentice in there to help out building? Maybe that is just what you need to do? To help get things back on their feet and flowing. Obviously the orders are there.... your company is known. But being backed up or not regardless brotha you have to get to those phones. Even if you just had a tech to answer the questions for you. And the deal is here, your a sponsor and here to get your product out there. Well it don't work if your not here, lol Again I understand time, building, personal and otherwise which is again why I suggest having a tech that can speak for you.
    It would probably help productivity greatly, because you can concentrate on what you need to. Questions and orders are being answered, Tech questions being noted and maybe some answered here as well as Emails because you have someone to help, plus I'm sure whoever you hired in would be greatful because of a good business name, and something to springboard off of, in the world or racing etc for them. You don't have to get someone at $15 and hour to do that, ya know? Because as of right now, until you answered here, you were headed down the same path as Jeff with PonyDown. And at that point doesn't matter how good your product is, No one will want to buy it because zero contact and long turnover times.
    I think you will figure it out and get it back together, but man, you HAVE to get it back together and get more contact with us, because yeah your the buddy causing the bar fight!!!.. lol As far as it getting slower here? I'm the guy that mentioned before about prices that were up there, and I understand quality, and good CS and all that before to you when I was a noob to turbo world. And we actually talked and you helped me understand things much more clearly, and I'm glad. But like you said in THIS ECO. yeah, maybe the entery level kits will be a lil more reliable for you and price friendly to help things speed back up. Most guys getting into the turbo world are beginners and need that kit, but don't wanna dish out $2500-3000 to start out when there are other over head expenses involved in it. Prices people don't really know associated with building turbo motors and upgrades needed that quickly jump it into a $4000-5000 dollar project and jack stand hell. lol Granted they should do their homework but we all know most don't, some do... but not most.

Anyway man, point being, we know your a good guy, you have been around for a while, you have a good business name but as you see its starting to be tarnished. Now I hate to say it, but you can't really blame PTM for what he said, because it wasn't so much slander because it was factual. You need to get to phones more and answer it back, hard or not. If that involves bringing someone else in to help, so be it, obviously the workload is there. But as a sponsor here, and getting your product out, we will back you. And we know stuff gets hard from time to time, but we can't defend or say anything on your behalf if we aren't hearing from you like we stopped hearing from Jeff with PonyDown. And his business basically died as a result of it... don't know what happened to him. He still has a site but from what I heard no one deals with him anymore at all, so I doubt there is still business maybe a trickle here or there. Now that you know the format here more, maybe you can speak with Ken and he can put some other code or whatever in that helps you able to target threads again much easier. Not sure what goes into the site as far as that goes, but I'm sure he will be more than happy to accommodate you.
    And we aren't going no where man, just bring your ass around more... lol Say hi, fuck off whatever.. lol Just let us know your still alive and kickin, hope all is well and things get better. And look forward to seeing and hearing from you again more in the future bud.

20. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Yep I'll be around more, at least once a night or something during the week. Once things get caught up I think we are gonna close for a month or so and do nothing but build headers during that time. The money we loose by not having kits in stock would easily cover us being closed. Plus I have Jeffs (pony downs) mandrel bender sitting in my shop now and plan on to use it as a spring board to get into other things like k members, suspension arms, and who knows what else. Im in the process of getting all the things I need for it (like new mandrels) and now have almost every size made from 1/2 to 3 inch so hopefully I can move to something more profitable with less time make then hotsides lol.. plus not to mention the regular headers im planning on getting into. Hopefully I stay healthy and get on track.