1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

350 chevy twin turbo set up

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Maddog, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Maddog

I'm building a twin setup for a 63 impala. Was wondering what cam it should run to help make about 400 to 500 hp oon stock bottom end. Any body have a similar setup. Is this maybe to high a reach to be safe for a weekend driver. And what would a safe boost pressure be to get to tthat goal. If any body needs more info about what I have let me know. Still putting it together. Any help and suggestions is welcome. Thank you in advanced.

2. 91turboterror

A stock or small RV cam will get u there. Do a search on the forum.

3. M&M Turbochargers

a summit 1103 or 1104 wold get you there,, summit says the 1103 is the largest cam with factory converter

4. boostcreep81

Realistically, twins on a stock 350 will hit 400-500hp no prob on the stock cam/bottom end. The main thing to worry about is the condition of the engine before boost. Im building mine with stock cam and internals, see what I get, then go from there. My engine had 180K on it before boost and held with an inefficient turbo and no cooler but had great compression and no real wear to the walls and bearings... I still have hatch marks from the original hone!