1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

347 w/MPT70 and Lunati cam!?!

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by mark5, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mark5

Hello everyone.

I have a 94 Mustang GT. My combo is:

MPT70 (12-15lbs)
    Lunati cam 232/242 dur; .544/.560 lift
    Stage 3 Holley Systemax Heads
    C4
    275/60 MT DR

Well I'm getting close to running it and wanted some opinions on how well I should expect it to run with the cam that I have in it. If I need to post more info I will.

I posted this in the builds forum. I hope I moved it to the right spot

Hey guys I've found something tonite that might be causing my car to miss. We were looking for arcing from the wires so we turned out the lights and found out that the msd hvc coil was GLOWING!!! Has anyone experienced this problem with this coil or is it a problem at all?

2. 1995gtcpe

I was expecting to see some results not a question. :D

3. Silverfox

I haven't seen one glow before. I did have an issue with a MSD blaster coil (had a miss) and replaced it with stock piece from Advance Auto parts and the problem went away. Try a stock replacement before shelling out the money on another MSD. Just my experience.

4. rdakota340

I have never checked to see if one was glowing but I know it gets real hot though I was thinking it is a race only coil.

5. mark5

Sorry about that...I just have a problem that i haven't been able to solve...once I get it solved I will post my track times. :doh:

6. mark5

Ok...I'll give it a try

7. mark5

This is the first time I've seen one glow also.

8. Silverfox

Also keep in mind that the TFI module on the distributor could be on it's way out as well.